Seattle Pilots

Trying to catch the sun off of buildings from the park.

Looks good, Bryce. I've been at the park quite a bit in the last few weeks but have not seen you there. Are you flying FPV with goggles or just using your phone? I've previously been researching what Bellevue's laws/regulations (if any) for drones as I was thinking about bringing my P3 to that very park. How high did you end up taking it? Did anyone approach you about flying in public?

I'm located near Greenlake. Just picked up a Phantom 3P

Hi Brian-
I'm also in the north Seattle area, what I did was do a search on Google Earth for area parks. I looked around until I found one with no trees within a 200 foot circle so I could set the max radius in the beginner mode to 32 meters, so you end up with a 200' circle to practice using controls on your new Phantom. Really you do need to practice in an area with NO obstacles, it'll make the difference between a "I crashed" post instead of a "look at this cool video" post. I usually go out just after the sun comes up so there's no people around and I can see my tablet without the bright sun interference. Enjoy! and take it slow!

I have a new Phantom 2, just purchased several weeks ago. Looking for others in the area hopefully with more experience than me.

Live in the Carnation area…15 minutes from Snoqualmie Falls. Been flying for several months off and on. Previous quad is a Blade 350 qx.

Hope to get into FPV and other advanced features at some point.
Hey Mothership. I'm in Fall City! right down the street. Just got my first drone last week. Been draining both batteries every day!

Up in Snohomish, been practicing when I can (rain, rain....). Looking forward to getting some shots from my boat this summer.

I have an 8hr layover at Seattle airport next week. I'll have a rental car. Where are some nice takeoff spots to capture some landscape and possibly photos of the skyline?

Auburn here.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

It's hard to find places to fly in the area; State parks and Seattle/Everett parks are off-limits, as well as parks in King County and Snohomish County (though they are apparently opening a dedicated flying area in Arlington this summer), not to mention Olympic and Mt Rainier National Parks. Mukilteo, Lynnwood, Snohomish (the city) and Edmonds all at least appear to have no specific restrictions in their parks code. Mt Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest should also be available, though I expect one should stay away from active campsites and such.

I took some photos of the Edmonds ferry area the other day; I've been checking the local news to see if anyone called the cops after spotting it. :rolleyes:

kennedye, where did you launch from when photographing the Edmonds ferry?

I was about 400 yards north of the ferry entrance, on the beach at Brackett's Landing. I would have started closer but decided I wanted to be a little further away from the crowds (was a super-nice day out so the place was pretty busy).

I live in Oak Harbor on Whidbey Island... but I'm working overseas and I rarely make it back home :(

I have a P2 that my Mom sent me for Christmas 2015.

Reactions: Amattice
I'm thinking about putting together a little group to fly together this Sunday afternoon, April 17, 2016. I have three ideas for locations, near Carnation, east of Monrowe, and north Everett.

The first is the Snoqualmie River Valley where the Carnation Farm Road crosses the Snoqualmie River about 47°40'11.68"N and 121°55'40.85"W.

Also, just off Highway 2 east of Monroe along the Snohomish River at about 47°51'16.87"N and 121°54'28.19"W.

Finally, flying over some extensive railroad switching yards and the Snohomish River in North Everett about 48° 0'26.46"N and 122°11'19.06"W.

Anybody interested? We can hit one or two of these places.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20