Sea Shepherd using Drones to

Reaction score
capture endangered species poachers. Pretty cool:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Great.. terrorists are using drones now...

Sea Shepard is not a terrorist organization. They are simply protecting protected animals from poachers.

The only real controversial thing they do is harass Japanese whalers because they believe they aren't using them for science and are using that as a guise to poach animals

Is it terrorism to stop poaching?

I'm not any PETA level freak, I like to hunt and fish myself....but I understand that stopping illegal poaching keeps species from dying out

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

They will ram other ships putting people's lives at risk. They will work hard to disable and/or sink ships that do not conform to their way of thinking.

That is terrorism.

They have taken extreme measures in the past but they are typically nonviolent.

They do not ram ships with the intention of sinking them, they attempt to disable ships so they cannot keep poaching.

It's not a belief. It's a fact that whales are endangered and are few in numbers. They are also amongst the smartest animals on the planet (we don't hunt and kill apes do we? Why do you think that is)

They aren't using rocket launchers and guns, they are using stink bombs to taint the meat so the Japanese cannot pull profit from illegal hunting practices under the guise of research.

Here is a thought- ever think about what the Japanese have done to these guys? They have purposely turned into the much smaller ship the Ady Gil and split it in half (you can see the much larger Japanese ship change course and ram the scout vessel, the Japanese have pointed an LRAD (a device used to disorient people) at a scout helicopter which could cause it to crash (it's why you can't point green lasers at planes because it disorients the crew)

The Japanese whaling fleet is anything but innocent and while I'm no PETA supporter by any means I do believe Sea Shepard is doing what's morally right and I do believe the Japanese do not have the right to continue whaling. If they want research do what everyone else does. Study them using subs and boats. You don't need to kill them to study them.

They have taken extreme measures in the past but they are typically nonviolent.

They do not ram ships with the intention of sinking them, they attempt to disable ships so they cannot keep poaching.

It's not a belief. It's a fact that whales are endangered and are few in numbers. They are also amongst the smartest animals on the planet (we don't hunt and kill apes do we? Why do you think that is)

They aren't using rocket launchers and guns, they are using stink bombs to taint the meat so the Japanese cannot pull profit from illegal hunting practices under the guise of research.

Here is a thought- ever think about what the Japanese have done to these guys? They have purposely turned into the much smaller ship the Ady Gil and split it in half (you can see the much larger Japanese ship change course and ram the scout vessel, the Japanese have pointed an LRAD (a device used to disorient people) at a scout helicopter which could cause it to crash (it's why you can't point green lasers at planes because it disorients the crew)

The Japanese whaling fleet is anything but innocent and while I'm no PETA supporter by any means I do believe Sea Shepard is doing what's morally right and I do believe the Japanese do not have the right to continue whaling. If they want research do what everyone else does. Study them using subs and boats. You don't need to kill them to study them.

They are eco terrorists. If you support their mission and tactics that is fine. You won't convince me they aren't. Ramming a ship to disable it is equivalent to shooting someone to subdue them. You shoot to kill you ram to sink.

The Japanese trying to disable their attackers is not an issue. Sea Shepard should be happy that Japan doesn't take a more militant stance to protect their shipping.

Sea Shepard attacks ships under the guise of ethics and doing the right thing. Regardless of the cause, they put human life at risk during these attacks. That is how I define terrorism.

Reactions: Spraygun
They are eco terrorists. If you support their mission and tactics that is fine. You won't convince me they aren't. Ramming a ship to disable it is equivalent to shooting someone to subdue them. You shoot to kill you ram to sink.

The Japanese trying to disable their attackers is not an issue. Sea Shepard should be happy that Japan doesn't take a more militant stance to protect their shipping.

Sea Shepard attacks ships under the guise of ethics and doing the right thing. Regardless of the cause, they put human life at risk during these attacks. That is how I define terrorism.

They aren't ramming to sink. Any time they DID ram a ship it was more or less bumping sides it wasn't a T-bone collision or head on to cause damage or sink. It was a desperation attempt (one I cannot condone as it was dangerous and foolish)

I'm starting to feel that you defend the poachers as I have yet to see you disagree with one thing they do.

You didn't condemn the fact they tried to disable a pilot which could result in a crash into the ocean, you didn't condemn them for RAMMING TO SINK the ady gil, you don't condemn them for poaching

The whalers can do no wrong huh?

I admit sea Shepard isn't perfect and not all their tactics are safe or even advisable but they are not out to hurt people. They are not out for political agenda. In essence they are out protecting animals that no one else seems to care about preserving. But I do believe they are doing what's right. If I went out and killed a whale in international waters I'm a poacher. But if Japan does it its research?

Not buying that not even on double coupon day.

Tell me, how would you stop the illegal hunting of whales by Japan?

They aren't ramming to sink. Any time they DID ram a ship it was more or less bumping sides it wasn't a T-bone collision or head on to cause damage or sink. It was a desperation attempt (one I cannot condone as it was dangerous and foolish)

I'm starting to feel that you defend the poachers as I have yet to see you disagree with one thing they do.

You didn't condemn the fact they tried to disable a pilot which could result in a crash into the ocean, you didn't condemn them for RAMMING TO SINK the ady gil, you don't condemn them for poaching

The whalers can do no wrong huh?

I admit sea Shepard isn't perfect and not all their tactics are safe or even advisable but they are not out to hurt people. They are not out for political agenda. In essence they are out protecting animals that no one else seems to care about preserving. But I do believe they are doing what's right. If I went out and killed a whale in international waters I'm a poacher. But if Japan does it its research?

Not buying that not even on double coupon day.

Tell me, how would you stop the illegal hunting of whales by Japan?

Last I will say:

Sea Sheppard rammed ships, you don't "rub" with vessels that size. They did it for an ideology that differs from their own.

Forcing your ideology on others with force is terrorism.

I don't agree with their tactics... the ideology gets lost when they use terrorist tactics.

Reactions: Spraygun
Last I will say:

Sea Sheppard rammed ships, you don't "rub" with vessels that size. They did it for an ideology that differs from their own.

I don't agree with their tactics... the ideology gets lost when they use terrorist tactics.

Any person in their right mind doesn't condone what the whalers do. Sea Shepard only enforces what no one else bothers to enforce.

If whoever monitors illegal fishing practices would do their jobs sea Shepard wouldn't exist the way it does. They would all end up working for the correct governmental/coalition forces that keep track of this. But since no one wants to condemn Japan for killing protected animals in international waters sea Shepard takes it upon themselves

It's not terrorism, it's vigilantism.

Reactions: jakobe75
Last I will say:

Did you watch the videos that were posted? These are fisherman with small 15-20 foot boats who poach the area doing extreme damage to the environment (besides the illegal fishing) and there is no "ramming" involved in this type or "patrol mission" They use drones to search, find the illegal fisherman and direct the Mexican Navy to their location for arrest or whatever Mexican Law provides.

Also I agree with Klaus - the Japanese have been playing dirty for a LONG time, I applaud this organization for having the balls to do what they do.

They will ram other ships putting people's lives at risk. They will work hard to disable and/or sink ships that do not conform to their way of thinking.

That is terrorism.
Then police are terroists as well, because they implement tbe same behsvior when catching criminals.

In this case the real terrorists are the fishermen that take animals without regard to the health of the population or impacts on other species as well as governments who turn a blind eye to human-caused extinction and only have profit as a motive.

The Captain of this ship and that of the Farley Mowat are actually considered pirates. The Farley Mowat was seized by the Canadian Government a few years back and was slated to be scrapped. Last I heard, the captain was either at large or avoiding the countries that want him to stand trial.

They are pirates . I am a boater on the open ocean off the coast of Texas . Ships are nothing to play around with. I hate to even see Steve Irwin's name on that boat. I just wonder if he would agree with putting peoples lives in danger like they do .I guess Bob Barker is okay with it.Big ships should never get close to one another. One day something very bad is going to happen out there on the open ocean.The pirates get what they deserve.

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy S7

This is an example that when humans are left to do something on their own,...they will by nature...to the wrong thing,. Dause all they know in.life is the wrong thing. It takes extre measure to deal with the Japanese and tney deserve it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic