Sea Shepherd in Baja

Reaction score
For a few weeks now I've been the drone operator on a Sea Shepherd Conservation Society ship targeting endangered species poachers in the Sea of Cortez. The project is called Operation Milagro III - Vaquita Porpoise Defense Campaign | About Campaign. All of the flights are from the ship when we at sea looking for nets and poachers in a refuge. In calm seas I take off from the deck and hand-catch. In more bouncy seas another photographer will hand launch and catch for me. Since I signed a copyright agreement, I can't post the best video that they will use, so here is a random mix of unused clips from the last three weeks:

Awesome clip!!

how do you calibrate the compass from the ship with all that metal around you?

Awesome clip!!
how do you calibrate the compass from the ship with all that metal around you?

Thanks! I was worried about all the metal too. I ended up calibrating the compass on shore and there have been no problems launching from the ship, no error messages, despite being all metal.

Reactions: Suhail78
Thanks! I was worried about all the metal too. I ended up calibrating the compass on shore and there have been no problems launching from the ship, no error messages, despite being all metal.

That's awesome man, and great to know!

very cool ! I was watching an old episode od Whale wars and thought the use of drones would be a game changer
Subscribed to your channel :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl