SD card size

Reaction score
Hi... do you know whether a 128 gb micro sd card is running on my P4pp??
64gb is running fine, but it depends on type and speed... must be extreme and minimum 90mb/s.

Greetz Nicelife

Following is recommended:

Micro SD
Max capacity: 64 GB
Class 10 or UHS-1 rating required

One can use 128GB card but the card writer is not set to write beyond 64 GB.

Higher speed cards will definitely work though you will not be able to use their writing capability to max. You may get advantage while reading data on your laptop/ reader if it can use higher reading speeds.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
I was on the road last year in February from Montana down to Texas, and during the trip, I got a lot of footage with my P4 on my 2 16 GB cards. I stopped in a Best Buy in Salt Lake City with the hopes of getting something like a portable HDD, but I ended up with a smoking deal on a 128 GB micro SD card. I will post info on it when I can find it in my mess of other memory media on my desk. Yes, it works great, but again, I just don't remember what it is.

D0NJwpK.png

Here is my Litchi menu showing the information on my 128 gb card after having formatted it in my Mavic Pro. I can't remember right now if it shows that same information in Go 4 or with it having been formatted in my P4. But again, here is what you get with a 128 gb card.

Card information: Sandisk Extreme Plus Micro SD XC1 V30 U3

Micro SD

Higher speed cards will definitely work though you will not be able to use their writing capability to max. You may get advantage while reading data on your laptop/ reader if it can use higher reading speeds.

I'm glad you confirmed that ...was looking at the expensive 128 GIG cards but i remembered reading something like that
A lot of cameras are that way only can go so big on memory cards

The thinking when I got my first drone in April '16 was to get large cards due to the sizes of 4k video files because bigger is always better.

A cooler head in the forum suggested having no more than 32 gb cards so you don't have a lot of images/video footage lost due to loss or malfunction. I immediately took that to heart, and I got out of the large card market. I only got another 16 gb card and would transfer footage to my home computer or to my laptop if I was away.

I did get that 128 gb card as mentioned above, but I don't know now if I would have made the same choice while on that trip if I had had my laptop with me or if Best Buy had had the Seagate DJI portable hard drive at the time.

The Seagate DJI portable hard drive didn't exist, there was a smokin' hot deal on the card, the Best Buy clerk was sure the 128 gb card would work and a card is far more portable than a drive so that's what directed my decision.

Micro SD

IMG_1517870870.234217.jpg

This is the specs included with my phantom 4 pro plus obsidian

View attachment 94534

This is the specs included with my phantom 4 pro plus obsidian
I've never filled up my 128 gb card, but I'm thinking that if both my P4 and MP recognize it and format it as a 128 gb card, that it can record the full advertised card. It has been windy here lately, but I will try to fill up the card with video and images just to make sure it will at least go past 64 gb.

Reactions: oconnb
I've never filled up my 128 gb card, but I'm thinking that if both my P4 and MP recognize it and format it as a 128 gb card, that it can record the full advertised card. It has been windy here lately, but I will try to fill up the card with video and images just to make sure it will at least go past 64 gb.
It will.

Reactions: ftttu

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers