SD card holder failure.

Reaction score
Can anyone please explain to me why it takes one month to have the SD slot on the P3Pro repaired in NZ.
My P3 is 6 months old and after removing the SD card to do the latest firmware update, the card would not go back into the slot and keeps popping back out.
DJI have told me that the SD slot is only warrantied for 3 month and that I should get a local agent to fix it.
My local agent tells me it will take 1 month to get the parts from DJI. My tractor parts only take 1 week to arrive from Europe so how does it take DJI 1 month to get my drone flying again.
Has anyone else had these problems and how to you get get back in the air faster?
Thanks anyone for your help.

SD card holder is a delicate part. I handle with care and touch wood it's working ok since day one of phantom purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I can't believe it's warranted for 90 days when, I presume, the whole AC carries a 12m warranty in NZ. That's like saying the bonnet catch on your 6 month old Ford is only warranted for 90 days. Got to be nonsense....

I can't believe it's warranted for 90 days when, I presume, the whole AC carries a 12m warranty in NZ. That's like saying the bonnet catch on your 6 month old Ford is only warranted for 90 days. Got to be nonsense....
My thoughts as well . Am I able to post DJI reply on this forum?

My thoughts as well. Rather disappointed to say the least.

Alice Liu (DJI)

Oct 17, 10:54 HKT

Dear Michael B Richardson,

Thank you very much for the info provided. Both P78DCJ06060380 and P76DCL07B26918 are SN for the unit, just for different parts. P76DCL07B26918 is for aircraft, P78DCJ06060380 is for the camera.

The SN indicates the unit was activated on 2016-03-09. And the sd card slot belongs to gimbal part. Since we provide 6 months warranty for the unit, so I'm afraid we are not able to provide warranty service for the sd card slot issue. Please kindly be noted.

RTF
Phantom 3 Professional \ Phantom 3 Advanced \ Phantom 3 Standard \ Phantom 3 4K
Central Board 12 Months
Gimbal Camera 6 Months
Vision Positioning System 6 Months
Motor 6 Months
Remote Controller 12 Months
Battery 6 Months and Charge Cycle less than 200 Times
Battery Charger 6 Months
Frame No Warranty
Propeller No Warranty
After-Sales Service Policies - DJI

Hence, we suggest that you contact PBTech to check how much they charge to fix the issue for you.

Thank you very much for your attention here. Any further questions, please feel free to let us know.

Best regards,

Alice Liu

DJI Technical Support

DJI – The Future of Possible

Office hours: Monday to Friday , 9:00AM to 18:00PM (HongKong Time GMT+8:00)

-----CONFIDENTIAL:

This email and any attachments thereto may contain private, confidential, and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, copying, or distribution of this email (or any attachments thereto) by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copies of this

Regardless of what DJI say, you have rights under your country consumer guarantee act, to which both manufacturers, whether they're domestic or imported, and retailers have to abide.
It states that an item sold must be last a reasonable amount of time, and must be fit for purpose. I think neither of these terms have been met. I suggest you take it back to the retailer, quoting the act, and ask them to repair it FOC. Here it your CAB advice...
Consumer Guarantees Act and Fair Trading Act

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers