Say you were out in the dessert or the ocean how high can a phantom go?

If that's the case, how did this guy get up there? ...

12,467 feet (3,800 m)

That's not a P4.

At 1:27 you can see the legs on the right are not the Phantom 4. At 1:46 you can see the screws under the end of the arms of the props and the P4 does not have screws under there (A clear lens there for the LED.). Plus the buzzy sound near the end indicates it is not a P4 as that model has no microphone. Probably a P2 with a GoPro. Okay, a dubious reporting of the altitude too which might be half the claim.

I call it a hoax.

That's not a P4.

At 1:27 you can see the legs on the right are not the Phantom 4. At 1:46 you can see the screws under the end of the arms of the props and the P4 does not have screws under there (A clear lens there for the LED.). Plus the buzzy sound near the end indicates it is not a P4 as that model has no microphone. Probably a P2 with a GoPro. Okay, a dubious reporting of the altitude too which might be half the claim.

I call it a hoax.

lol I didn't realize it was a video, at one point you can see the motor and props, P4 has lights where those screws are.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Pharm
Besides, 12.467 ft (12 ft, 5.6 inches) isn't very high.
For those that may not know...In many countries—they use a period instead of commas in numerical values. Also, they use spaces instead of commas; and other countries use commas for decimal points. It can be confusing!!

Last edited:
Don't believe it is a Phantom either but the use of a decimalvs com
For those that may not know...In many countries—they use a period instead of commas in numerical values? Or spaces instead of commas; and they use commas for decimal points?

Yea, a lot of folks often overlook the International aspects of this site.
A simple Google Search points out that MORE countries use the comma for decimal separation than the period.... and Turkey is one of them!

If that's the case, how did this guy get up there? ...

12,467 feet (3,800 m)

Judging from the cloud type and the speed of ascend he never reached 3800 meters but probably is around 1800/2000 meters, which still is insane and totally irresponsible.

For those that may not know...In many countries—they use a period instead of commas in numerical values? Or spaces instead of commas; and they use commas for decimal points?
I actually knew that. It just irritates me when other countries do things wrong. ;)

Reactions: SoCalDude
Get a Phantom 2 with GoPro and FPV and you can get over 1000 feet with no problem, but with the extra weight from the Camera and Gimbal and electronics, you can probably go over 1500, the only problem is that your battery will fail before you can get it down, so consider it a one way trip with a crash at the end.

Reactions: Neon Euc
So I was flying my bird the other day, was up around 350ft, I set the controller down for a few minutes to help my wife, took a peek at the bird to make sure it was ok, it looked fine. I could hear the controlled saying something (was using Litchi) but the volume was a bit low, when I got back to it, it was up around 890FT!!!! My lanyard had pushed the altitude stick and I didn't realize it.
I took a couple of pictures and then quickly brought it down to legal altitude.
Moral of the story.....if your flying and the wife come over, send her away...LOL

For those that may not know...In many countries—they use a period instead of commas in numerical values. Also, they use spaces instead of commas; and other countries use commas for decimal points. It can be confusing!!
I found this out the hard way about 2 weeks ago... Purchased an expensive telescope off of eBay from the United Kingdom... They seller emailed me telling me it would arrive on or before 09-01-17....
I replied with ... "Im not waiting 9 months to get my telescope !!!.."....
His reply was, "In the United Kingdom "09-01-17" means January 9th 2017 ... Not September 1st 2017..

...I set the controller down for a few minutes to help my wife ... when I got back to it, it was up around 890FT!!!! My lanyard had pushed the altitude stick and I didn't realize it.
Two questions...
  1. Why didn't you just unclip the remote from the lanyard, instead of awkwardly having to lift the lanyard up over your head just to set the controller down?
  2. Didn't you have the maximum altitude set to prevent this from happening?

Two questions...
  1. Why didn't you just unclip the remote from the lanyard, instead of awkwardly having to lift the lanyard up over your head just to set the controller down?
  2. Didn't you have the maximum altitude set to prevent this from happening?
Sure, there are a lot of things I could have done........
Obviously if I had the maximum altitude set it wouldn't have gone that high. I'm not that worried about it. Maybe some day I'll see if I can get it to 1500FT ;-)

I know the limit is 400 ft but how high can they go with the power they have and range of transmitter? Just curious?
I've had my p3s over 900'
1482615638998.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Because it _claims_ to be a P4 does not make it so. I've read (and seen) plenty of stuff on the Internet that is a lie. One of the comments is from a person who claims to have seen this same video a few years ago taken with a P2.

Firmware for the past several years does not allow the Phantoms to fly higher than 500m, period.

Edit: Here is a video of a Unicorn sighting:

Based on the video quality of that unicorn video, I think it was shot on a Mavic!

The seller emailed me telling me it would arrive on or before 09-01-17....
I replied with ... "Im not waiting 9 months to get my telescope !!!.."....
His reply was, "In the United Kingdom "09-01-17" means January 9th 2017 ... Not September 1st 2017..
You may be surprised to find out that it's not just the UK that does things that way.
The USA is pretty much all on its own when it comes to putting the month first
i-h7gJZ64-XL.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164