Saving maps in go apple go app

Reaction score
What is the sequence of saving maps at home before going to the flying spot.. Yesterday I saved my map of the area I was going to fly in and when I got there the map was just black. Do you have to leave the app open and running while you get to the fly area ?

In the map window up at the top right, there's a little icon of three squares. Tap that to get to the choice of street, satellite, and hybrid. I have noticed that if my hybrid map isn't coming up in the field before flight, if I hit the street map, that one usually loads. Then when I go to satellite or hybrid it usually loads. Make sure to pinch-zoom out a ways, which can help it load too. But something about street map first seems to jump start satellite when you choose that next. Hope it helps.

thanks. i can get the area map loaded on my ipad mini i want to fly in but when i get to the loaction the map is just black. i have been closing the app down when i have the area on screen, then driving to the fly area then setting up my controller and p3a then running the app with the map loaded from home. but the map has not saved. do i need to keep the app running while i drive to the fly location ?

He just explained how to get back your lost map, & to load it at the flying field, you chose.
Please Try following his instructions. See if that actually helps you. ;-)

RedHotPoker

In the map window up at the top right, there's a little icon of three squares. Tap that to get to the choice of street, satellite, and hybrid. I have noticed that if my hybrid map isn't coming up in the field before flight, if I hit the street map, that one usually loads. Then when I go to satellite or hybrid it usually loads. Make sure to pinch-zoom out a ways, which can help it load too. But something about street map first seems to jump start satellite when you choose that next. Hope it helps.
That's the method I use if the map doesn't load up in the field. Works every time!

Reactions: lotusteve
That's the method I use if the map doesn't load up in the field. Works every time!
ah right.... i will try this next time i go out.. just hope it stops pi**ing down and blowing a gale by the weekend.

Reactions: Wacker2611
thanks. i can get the area map loaded on my ipad mini i want to fly in but when i get to the loaction the map is just black. i have been closing the app down when i have the area on screen, then driving to the fly area then setting up my controller and p3a then running the app with the map loaded from home. but the map has not saved. do i need to keep the app running while i drive to the fly location ?
You can try and keep the app open, but no guarantee. For sure try what I suggested above. Loading maps can be finicky on ios. Android is much more consistent, I've noticed.

Only had mine since the Summer, so looking forward to those cold crisp high pressure mornings, if they ever arrive.

Reactions: lotusteve
Only had mine since the Summer, so looking forward to those cold crisp high pressure mornings, if they ever arrive.
i only got mine in september but still managed to get 45 flights under my belt inbetween rain,fog,wind.lol..

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj