samsung sidesync

Reaction score
was trying to run dji vision on a laptop, and tried andy, and bluestacks, and running an android emulator inside the android sdk, etc.
uninstalled all those gb of crap and found an app called Samsung sidesync and its beautiful.
20150628_191754.jpg

now I can see whats doin and I don't have to squint at my phone

was trying to run dji vision on a laptop, and tried andy, and bluestacks, and running an android emulator inside the android sdk, etc.
uninstalled all those gb of crap and found an app called Samsung sidesync and its beautiful.
20150628_191754.jpg

now I can see whats doin and I don't have to squint at my phone

Pretty interesting! Question: Is the drone wirelessly connected directly to the laptop or is the connection using your phone as the middle man? If using phone as middle man wouldn't it be easier to dual boot Windows with Android and use app inside Android for drone?
(Disclaimer), I haven't tried this approach of dual booting from Windows into Android so I can't really say if this might be an answer but since you got me interested in the subject I just may have to give it a try later tonight.;)
Thank for sharing!
BOT

Last edited:
Reactions: dtitus6297
good Q.

ill do an actual flight with this setup tonight, but as far as how it is networked now:

all devices joined the 'phantom' wifi network. so the PC and phone were both on the same subnet. then it was just launching the samsung app. phone screen goes dark and all control and phone screen is handed over/done at the laptop. it looks promising. ill report back after an actual flight with this configuration.
- saylor

Reactions: BlackOpsTeamster
it worked perfectly. and my new antenna rig on the re500 got me to 900ft easy. I didn't want to push it further on the test flight. then we attracted a flock of swallows or swifts or some kind of birds that were chasing the drone like they do a predator bird.

it got so bad we packed it in. we don't want to be wiping a bunch of blird off our MR

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues