Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4" Mounting

Reaction score
Anyone using the Tab Pro 8.4" as an on-board display ? I'm looking for some ideas on mounting options. I've got some ideas but rather than (maybe) reinventing the wheel, I figure someone just might have already figured this one out. Thanks

Have you tried using the Galaxy Tab with your Phantom yet? I bought one of the models right before the Tab Pro with the wonderful whiz bang ultra super high resolution display. It is fabulous inside the house where tablets are normally used, but I discovered tablets' displays are not typically as bright as phone displays. Music videos on it are superb. (Indoors) I have two of these things which I only use when it is cloudy.

Kirby, Sorry to say, no, I haven't tried the tablet as of yet. I'm a fresh Newbie and still gathering everything I need prior to my first flight. Matter of fact, I just got my hard sided case yesterday in the mail, it's the one where you can leave the prop blades on, nice case for $35 (eBay). I do know that outdoors "WILL" require the use of a sun shade, no question about that. I'll probably end up making one as well as a mount because I haven't found anything close that will keep the display far enough from the sticks and still allow angle adjust ability. One problem everybody complains about is how the big displays are very floppy since their only held in place by a single point bracket. I plan of mounting the display in 2 places off the steel hand rail, no slop/flop what way. I'll post up some pics when I get that far which shouldn't be long, it's winter here in Ohio.....:(, time to start make'n stuff ;);) !

i use the standard go pro holder like in this video:
This is not my video btw.

i use this technique with my Samsung Galaxy Tab A 7.0,
i just use a different holder!

i use this technique with my Samsung Galaxy Tab A 7.0,
i just use a different holder!

Nedo,
You've inspired me to think outside the box. There are many options for GoPro mounts, holders, arms, extension arms, adjustable links and so on. I'm going to see if I can adapt some of those arms/mounts to fit my application.
danke für deinen Beitrag

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4