Samsung Galaxy Tab A works great...

Reaction score
I purchased a Samsung Galaxy Tab A, model SM-T280, from Best Buy about 3 weeks ago and it's worked perfectly so far with DJI GO and Litchi. Only 8gig of onboard RAM, but I only use it for my P3S and the apps are minimal. It also has onboard GPS.

Only 8gig of onboard RAM,
Good this tab is working for you, but to clarify your spec's. It is 8gig of ROM. It only has 1.5gig of RAM which is more important. It didn't work well for me, so switched to a TAB2-8.

Ahh...thanks for the clarification!!

Good this tab is working for you, but to clarify your spec's. It is 8gig of ROM. It only has 1.5gig of RAM which is more important. It didn't work well for me, so switched to a TAB2-8.

I have the same tablet, and it's been working great with my P3s! I don't use it for anything other than flying, though, so I disabled or uninstalled pretty much everything other than the djigo app. Its surprisingly fast, crisp, and bright, especially for $120 new!

Agreed...that was my attraction to it...didn't break the bank!

I have the same tablet, and it's been working great with my P3s! I don't use it for anything other than flying, though, so I disabled or uninstalled pretty much everything other than the djigo app. Its surprisingly fast, crisp, and bright, especially for $120 new!

Is your TAB2 a Samsung 8 in ?,you don't see many of those as most are 7 or 10 inch now.I also have a Tab A 8 in. but I get lag on longer video and wanting to upgrade.
Thanks

I use the same tablet (Samsung Galaxy Tab A 7"), only for flying with DJI GO, uninstalled or disabled whatever could be uninstalled or disabled, I'm happy with it although it's not exactly a speed demon and at times it definitely shows. I used it a couple times for streaming videos (Plex, YouTube) and WiFi has a tendency to disconnect under heavy load, almost as if it's overheating.

Hey 12CCPM,
"at times it definitely shows"?
What demon show you?
... Maybe slows.

I don't understand your reply. I'm saying that the Tab A is not a fast tablet, and occasionally this becomes apparent (i.e. it shows): apps might take a bit to load, keyboard doesn't respond right away, etc.
Again, for the money it's not a bad purchase and if you use it just for flying with GO, I'd still recommend it. Not sure how it would behave with CPU-intensive things like active tracking in Litchi.

Reactions: fretman_2
Yip just throw this out there ,im samsung user ,very good product work awsome for me ,still not cheap here yet but cheaper than the recomended devices (apple ios products):)

I don't understand your reply. I'm saying that the Tab A is not a fast tablet, and occasionally this becomes apparent (i.e. it shows): apps might take a bit to load, keyboard doesn't respond right away, etc.
Again, for the money it's not a bad purchase and if you use it just for flying with GO, I'd still recommend it. Not sure how it would behave with CPU-intensive things like active tracking in Litchi.
Thanks, now me have understood your meaning.
But this your added note about Litchi leave me somewhat perplexed.
Active tracking using Litchi or any other app, does it engage the DJI drone CPU capabilty, or that one on the tablet/smartphone?

From the Litchi online help, under "Track":

[Warning] Because Litchi decodes the video, runs the algorithms to track the object and renders the video, all of this in real-time, a high performance mobile device is required. Be sure to close all background applications and screen recorders before using Track. Video lag will kill tracking.

I think this answers your question...

Reactions: ClaudioNC
From the Litchi online help, under "Track":

[Warning] Because Litchi decodes the video, runs the algorithms to track the object and renders the video, all of this in real-time, a high performance mobile device is required. Be sure to close all background applications and screen recorders before using Track. Video lag will kill tracking.

I think this answers your question...

Some emoticons do not show here?

I translate with words, thanks 120CCPM, very clear!

Last edited:
So the Tab A is working for you. I am going to use mine for the P3 only also. I haven't deleted anything. Did you just delete everything it would let you?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.