Safe Flight Conditions

Reaction score
I am a new pilot living in Michigan. I read the "Flying Conditions" section in the P3 User Manual but did not see any specifics about air temperature flying conditions. Obviously inclement weather is not suitable for flying but my question is "what would be the lowest air temperature that I could safely fly my P3 during the winter months here in Michigan"?

This question comes up a lot in the fall. Lots of threads on it. There are many cases where people have reportedly flown happily in brutal arctic cold. Obviously you want your battery warm and AC to be somewhat warm to start. But you also have to worry about the slight expanding and contracting of the electronic boards in the AC which may develop hairline cracks over time and ultimately cause a premature catastrophic failure. So I think the answer really depends on the level of risk you're willing to live with, both short term and long term.

Having said that, the coldest I've flown is 22 F with plenty of other flights below 32F. No problems during the flight or afterwards. AC is still flying.

Edit: Also, consider that if your AC is still under warranty, flying outside of DJI's stated temp allowances may give them a reason to deny an otherwise legitimate claim.

Last edited:
Reactions: grin factor and Oso

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94