Running 2 Batteries at once

Reaction score
Has anyone started flying with 2 batteries at once. Ebay is starting to light up with carbon side frames and double adaptors, so was wondering if anyone had experience doing it....

Most people have had less than desirable results when running two batteries, flight time increases by 30-50%, but the Phantom will handle like a pig with all the extra weight.

I tried with 2 stock batteries. As said that was a flying pig, only got 4 more minutes, but not responsive move because the weight. Worst is when descending... Very difficult for recovering altitude... Almost crash :shock:

I think it depends on what you want to do and why you want the extra flight time.
Personally I don't find that it handles like a total pig with 2 batts and FPV. You just learn to manage the extra weight and hence avoid quick descents. Smooth flight is fine.
For steady flights, basic filming it is great (I get about 12-14 mins out of my shapeways setup). If you want the Phantom to be its usual super nimble self just for fun then it won't do you any favours though.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl