RotorPixel Gimbal Technical Discussion

Does anyone know the size of the thumbscrew threads that are used to attach the rotorpixel to the phantom. I had a crash the other day and lost two of them. I was thinking of just buying some standard screws and spacers. I looked on the rotorpixel website and replacement hardware is $15 but shipping is $25. $40 for a few replacement screws is highway robbery.

Thanks again Rotorpixel.

I should also remind everyone to check the thumbscrews prior to every flight since they have a tendency to unscrew during each flight and may eventually disengage.

My crash was related to the new auto return home function when the battery gets low. It took control and then tried to land itself directly over a tree as I frantically tried to regain control to no avail. I've turned off that feature now on the app. Sometimes too much automation is a bad thing. I now have to replace the Phantoms shell due to stress cracks at one of the motor mounts. The gimbal still works fine though.

cb1 said:
Does anyone know the size of the thumbscrew threads that are used to attach the rotorpixel to the phantom. I had a crash the other day and lost two of them. I was thinking of just buying some standard screws and spacers. I looked on the rotorpixel website and replacement hardware is $15 but shipping is $25. $40 for a few replacement screws is highway robbery......
Can't give you an exact size, but just found one in my screw junk box. I would guess you should not have that much of a problem taking one to your local hardware store and searching.

I seem to be having a little issue with the telemetry since installing the gimbal. Sometimes when I power up the phantom I will have no GPS/Battery data at all (I do have video though). If I power it off then unplug and plug back in both 3.5mm jacks and position them differently it will work again, until the next time I power it on again where I will have to do the same thing. This happens on 3 different ios/android devices, so it doesn't appear to be the app.

Happyflyer said:
cb1 said:
Does anyone know the size of the thumbscrew threads that are used to attach the rotorpixel to the phantom. I had a crash the other day and lost two of them. I was thinking of just buying some standard screws and spacers. I looked on the rotorpixel website and replacement hardware is $15 but shipping is $25. $40 for a few replacement screws is highway robbery......
Can't give you an exact size, but just found one in my screw junk box. I would guess you should not have that much of a problem taking one to your local hardware store and searching.

Looks like a #6-32 screw is the correct size.

Thanks

I have a slight issue regarding the RP Gimbal and the new transmitter (the one with the wheel).

When I power up, after a few seconds the gimbal wakes up and sets itself pointing down.

Is there any way of getting it to point level/horizontal at start up?? Its all calibrated.

Thanks.

Cyclone said:
I have a slight issue regarding the RP Gimbal and the new transmitter (the one with the wheel).

When I power up, after a few seconds the gimbal wakes up and sets itself pointing down.

Is there any way of getting it to point level/horizontal at start up?? Its all calibrated.

Thanks.

I don't think anyone has been able to fix that. As long as you know it's going to happen, you can either take control of it at startup and point it forward, or elevate the P2V so the camera doesn't hit the ground...

-slinger

Ah ok. Hopefully a fix will come out soon.

Thanks.

Cyclone said:

Thanks.
I thought(dangerous)that I read somewhere that if you rotate the wheel when you power up the quad, the camera will stay in place.
Give it a try and see.

Happyflyer said:
Cyclone said:

Thanks.
I thought(dangerous)that I read somewhere that if you rotate the wheel when you power up the quad, the camera will stay in place.
Give it a try and see.

Yup... that's what I said, Hap... If you take control early, you can get the camera where you need it... :D

gunslinger said:
I don't think anyone has been able to fix that. As long as you know it's going to happen, you can either take control of it at startup and point it forward, or elevate the P2V so the camera doesn't hit the ground...

-slinger
Sure enough.
I thought I read that a few days ago, somewhere.
Thinking again, I remember who said it.

Happyflyer said:
gunslinger said:

-slinger
Sure enough.
I thought I read that a few days ago, somewhere.
Thinking again, I remember who said it.

:D :D :D :D :D

dirkclod said:
Ya must be smiling about the Super Bowl !! :D The last few minutes were :shock: :cry: :shock: :D :mrgreen:

INCREDIBLE game. !!! I just got my voice back an hour or so ago... :D :D :D

-slinger

I wanted Green Bay to win. The one a couple of weeks ago and this one.....
OOOOps. Back to topic.

Happyflyer said:
I wanted Green Bay to win. The one a couple of weeks ago and this one.....
OOOOps. Back to topic.
Yep ! Sorry folks ..I started it :oops:

Not sure if anyone is interested in the extended legs for the Vision and RP Gimbal setup, but I found some on HobbyKing.

They are nearly 2 inches taller than the stock ones and almost identical. Price is low (roughly $7 delivered, and I hope it's not one of those "you get what you paid for" items) and has mixed reviews.

Im going to fit them (hopefully) at the weekend.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=54707

Cyclone said:
Not sure if anyone is interested in the extended legs for the Vision and RP Gimbal setup, but I found some on HobbyKing.

They are nearly 2 inches taller than the stock ones and almost identical. Price is low (roughly $7 delivered, and I hope it's not one of those "you get what you paid for" items) and has mixed reviews.

I'm eventually going to print (have printed) that set of snap on extenders. That way the bird will still fit in the case as it does now and just one more step is added to get her airborne and back in the box...

-slinger

Rotorpixel motor replacement

Hi, I need to replace a defective motor on my rotorpixel gimbal but...
if i order it on rotorpixel store cost only $25 and is a reasonable price
but the spedition charged is $85 (to Italy) and to me it seem a robbery (for a so little item that you can put in a envelope).
Anyone know the technical specification of the motor so i can search another seller?
Or,in june I will be in New York for a week.
Is possible find a replacement motor in the big apple?
Thank in advance

gunslinger said:
Cyclone said:

I'm eventually going to print (have printed) that set of snap on extenders. That way the bird will still fit in the case as it does now and just one more step is added to get her airborne and back in the box...

-slinger

I have the snap on extenders and the GoProfessional case, so the snap on extenders are the optimal solution for me.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor