Rotorpixel Gimbal Problem

Reaction score
Hey guys. Hoping someone on here might have an idea of what is going on with my RP gimbal. Has just recently decided to not stabilise at all. Has worked flawlessly for the last year or so that I have had it. The light on the back of the gimbal board is just always coming up red instead of green. I have tried unplugging the gimbal motors and resetting the board but that hasnt worked. Light will go green when the motors arent plugged in, but turn the power off, plug the motors back in and it goes straight to red again. Havent had a single trouble with the gimbal until now. I emailed RP but still havent heard back from them yet. Has anyone else had this problem or something similar?

I wish I could help but I just purchased my first P2V w Rotopixel Gimbal and I am having problems too. When the drone is powered up, the Gimbal wont stabilize properly and never seems to be able to rotate to extent of meter on phone. It will physically move some down for instance but on the phone movement guage, it has a lot more range of motion left. The short of it...the phone says there is more ability to move, the Gimbal however is already at the end of its movement and is 'clicking' or continually trying to move down more beyond its travel range as the app/phone thinks it can move more.

Any experience with this ?

Reactions: dirkclod
Put a new camera on my RotorPixel and it works great... but... The camera is tilted at a bit of an angle and I can't figure out how to get it straightened out... Anyone?

Thanks...
-slinger

Reactions: dirkclod
Put a new camera on my RotorPixel and it works great... but... The camera is tilted at a bit of an angle and I can't figure out how to get it straightened out... Anyone?

Thanks...
-slinger

Thanks to a post from DirkClod I found the answer...

EXPLANATION: The motion sensor that is on top of the camera mount (known as the inertial measurement unit, or IMU) is precisely calibrated at 21 degrees Celsius at our production facility prior to shipping. However, over time, at different temperatures, or after hard impacts, the sensor can drift away from proper calibration, causing the gimbal to think that "tilted to the left" (as an example) is the actual horizon.

SOLUTION:

1. Unplug the cables coming from the motors going to the gimbal control board (they are on the left side of the gimbal control board). Take careful note of their orientation and position.

2. Power up the Phantom.

3. Rigidly fix the camera in a perfectly horizontal position (do not just use your hands - make sure it is kept perfectly motionless).

4. Press the small black button on the back of the gimbal once quickly (do not hold it down... this will reset the board completely).

5. Wait approximately 5 seconds for the gimbal to re-calibrate itself. You'll see the green light on the gimbal control board flash for a few seconds, then once it is finished, the green light will be solid again.

6. Now, turn the Phantom off, plug in the motor cables into the gimbal control board, then turn the Phantom power back on.

Works perfectly and takes a minute or so... Thanks Dirkster...

-slinger

Reactions: dirkclod and bernek

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik