Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

Re: Rotorpixel shipping notice...

What are the last 4 or 5 numbers on your order number? The last mentioned one was 72661.

Number 658 shipped last week

Shipped 4.5 weeks ago.. No tracking number and can't get in contact with Rotorpixel. So the only option is to wait.. and see how many weeks i have to wait. :evil:

Schenso said:

Shipped 4.5 weeks ago.. No tracking number and can't get in contact with Rotorpixel. So the only option is to wait.. and see how many weeks i have to wait. :evil:

Wow are they walking yours there ???

:lol:

I edited together some footage from a recent test/practice flight.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvtxxTb1d1Q[/youtube]

Not a really exciting video, but the quick glimpse of the birds flying past the P2V is pretty cool.

I made the video to see how well Adobe Premiere's Warp Stabilizer works with the Rotorpixel footage and to learn what settings to use. I discovered that you can get rid of much of the "yaw-twitch" by setting the filter to use a lower "Smoothness" value and a simpler method than the default "Subspace Warp" option. This works without introducing the strange jello look that I was getting sometimes when using the "Subspace Warp" option to stabilize the original Vision video. I still see a little oddness in the video, but I was playing with different settings throughout the video, so it's probably avoidable.

In some of the scenes used in the video, especially when the 'copter is right in front of me, I was rolling the P2V back and forth quickly watching the gimbal as it kept the camera level. The Warp Stabilizer was able to remove most of the slight yawing that occurred while I was doing that so it looks as if the 'copter was just hovering. That's pretty cool!

During this test flight, I paid attention to the performance of the 'copter because I had read the reports here of diminished performance with the new gimbal. The Phantom did fly slower, but I didn't have any problem with it maintaining altitude when hovering even with the battery running down under 25%.

Before getting the Rotorpixel gimbal, I usually took video only when the 'copter was hovering in place. After watching the footage above, I think I'll start using more footage captured while the Vision is flying. The two-axis gimbal makes a huge difference!

-- Roger

Arrrrghhhhh I'm #677 and still waiting for my notification, it seems like an eternity for these last 30 or so to go!

Just be patient, just be patient, just be patient...

#969 and not holding my breath...I guess I'll use the time to modify my receiver antenna, practice and learn from the Rotorpixel Pioneers that purchased before me. ;)

pyrophantom said:
Schenso said:

Wow are they walking yours there ???

:lol:

lmao.. yes i think so :D or a pigeon got shot down while carrying my RP grr

Very cool video Roger, congrats. I am yet to record one with my working fine Rotorpixel.
Maybe this weekend in Niagara Falls....
May I suggest you check the output video file properties after editing?
It looks like your video is not at its full quality possible.
I can only see it at 480P.
Happy flying...

jadebox said:
I edited together some footage from a recent test/practice flight.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvtxxTb1d1Q[/youtube]

Was tinkering today about how to raise the P2V with Rotorpixel and came up with this idea...
Maybe it will fit in to the case this way....

Attachments

• DSC01468-web.jpg
    DSC01468-web.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 470
  • DSC01475-web.jpg
    DSC01475-web.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 447
  • DSC01477-web.jpg
    DSC01477-web.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 492
fireye81 said:
Arrrrghhhhh I'm #677 and still waiting for my notification, it seems like an eternity for these last 30 or so to go!

Just be patient, just be patient, just be patient...

Think they usually do their notifications and shipping at the weekend so I would guess Fri or Sat (got mine last Sat).

;)

brushlesheaven said:
May I suggest you check the output video file properties after editing?
It looks like your video is not at its full quality possible.
I can only see it at 480P.
Happy flying...

That was intentional. I made the video to see how working with the Rotorpixel footage differed from working with footage taken with the original gimbal. I was experimenting and running the Adobe Warp Stabilizer filter multiple times on each clip. Using the lower-res video made it take significantly less time to process each time I tried different settings. I was working on my laptop which isn't as powerful as my desktop PC. Sometimes it can take an hour for the filter to process even a short clip at the full resolution. So, using smaller clips made the experimenting go a lot quicker.

-- Roger

I think Geert should begin a new Thread called "Rotorpixel Yaw Axis Upgrade" ?!?

...Since he has done so well with this thread. :D

What do you say Geert ? :D

The Rookie :cool:

Here is a link to a short video I did the other day.....can anyone notice any jello effect in it? I have been staring at it for too long too say one way or the other. There is some flickering in 1080p but I don't know if that is YouTube or the camera. BTW, this is unedited,no stabilization applied via the YouTube upload manager. TIA for any comments or advice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exfpiZT5g9Q

EricT said:
Here is a link to a short video I did the other day.....can anyone notice any jello effect in it? I have been staring at it for too long too say one way or the other. There is some flickering in 1080p but I don't know if that is YouTube or the camera. BTW, this is unedited,no stabilization applied via the YouTube upload manager. TIA for any comments or advice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exfpiZT5g9Q

Thank you all for the feedback.

I followed other posters suggestions of fully tightening the thumb screws and then loosening them off 2 turns......I then loosened them 1/2 turn each after that and the video I posted is the end result. I really appreciate the trailblazers who have gone before!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing