Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

Hiya gents. had a total power loss on my P2V whilst in flight which as resulted in it hitting the ground hard and broke the main arm on my gimbal. what i want to know is whats the the best way to contact Keri, already sent a Email via RP website but no reply.

Geert said:
wgasja said:
Hiya gents. had a total power loss on my P2V whilst in flight which as resulted in it hitting the ground hard and broke the main arm on my gimbal. what i want to know is whats the the best way to contact Keri, already sent a Email via RP website but no reply.

I think that is the best way to contact him from my experiences.
However, it can take a few days before you hear something.

Geert.

Thanks for that Geert.

Pull_Up said:
wgasja said:
... and broke the main arm on my gimbal.

Wow, that must have been a monster impact, sorry to hear that.

fell around 100ft onto concrete. Broke gimbal arm, windings on one motor damaged ,possible damage to the other 3 motors as i'm not able to screw any props on them, damage to shell on 2 arms,smashed GPS tile and may have damaged GPS module , 3 wires came loose on the ESC's soldered theses back on and. It just beeps now when i try to power it up, Emailed DJI to see if they will repair it ,still waiting for a reply.

Can anyone help ?
I ordered my rotorpixel gimbal months ago
I received an e-mail on the 22 nd of April saying it was being shipped and that I could track it but there appears to be no tracker attached to the e mail
I have contacted rotorpixel about this twice and have had no reply
How long has it been for anyone else from email of despatch to arriving please ??
My order was 514

Geert said:
Jimmy270 said:
Can anyone help ?
I ordered my rotorpixel gimbal months ago
I received an e-mail on the 22 nd of April saying it was being shipped and that I could track it but there appears to be no tracker attached to the e mail
I have contacted rotorpixel about this twice and have had no reply
How long has it been for anyone else from email of despatch to arriving please ??
My order was 514

Hi Jimmy,

The best way to contact Keri is to send an email through his website.
When I received the notification email from Rotorpixel it still took 11 days before my gimbal arrived.
I selected the shipping option Canada post (6 - 11 days) Tracking $85.00
What shipping option did you choose ?
It is also possible that your gimbal arrived in your country already and that your gimbal is at the customs office. Sometimes it can take a while before these gentlemen proceed with their duties. :lol:

Geert.
Hi geert
I don't recall paying any extra for delivery
So maybe this is the reson for delay
I have emailed rotorpixel 3 times now but still no reply
Seems they are quick to take our money but very poor after sales communication
Thanks jimmy

I wonder if we will get a "friday" update saying oh yes we have shipped another 50, get the Canadian beer out let's celebrate we can build 10 a day. Ugh ramping up I think has different definitions. Negative is not my thing but the little communication we get from rotor pixel is so frustrating.

Jimmy270 said:
I don't recall paying any extra for delivery
So maybe this is the reson for delay
I have emailed rotorpixel 3 times now but still no reply
Seems they are quick to take our money but very poor after sales communication
Thanks jimmy

The delivery options to the UK were: Canadapost - (2-3 weeks) - No Tracking — 20.00
Canadapost - (7 days) - Tracking — 50.00
Canadapost - (4 days) - Tracking — 75.00

To the USA the cheapest option was a 6 day service, no tracking.

If you don't recall paying extra I suspect you went for the base shipping, so no tracking will be available and you will probably have to wait 4 weeks before Rotorpixel can file a missing item claim. Not sure they can be blamed for this one if they sent it untracked, slow delivery as per your order... You're not at three weeks yet, and that is three weeks to hit the UK, not including any delays sitting in UK customs (mine sat there for 4 days, I had the 4 day delivery option) :)

I had the 7 day option -- took more than twice that and the tracking showed no updates after day 1 until it was delivered!
Not RP's fault -- in fact Keri did his best to chase Canada Post from his end...

So -- I'd say it'll turn up in due course! Hang in there...

Finally got some dry, calm weather to try out my P2V plus Rotorpixel gimbal yesterday. The aircraft now seems just a bit heavier & sluggish, but not too bad. Takeoff requires more throttle, but overall is still pretty easy to control.

I had some noticeable jello (vibration-induced rolling shutter) at first. Then I tightened up the damper screws all the way, and backed off two turns - it seems to be better, but not quite perfect. Now that Roll and Pitch are stabilized, the Yaw movements & jitter are really noticeable! But it turns out that's pretty easy to correct in Adobe's Warp Stabilizer (found in both Premiere Pro and After Effects).

Here's some sample footage. I applied "Optics Compensation" from After Effects to get rid of fisheye, then Warp Stabilizer to get rid of the Yaw movements:

http://vimeo.com/94583853

Will hang in there
Finally got email from rotorpixel
They said pretty much the same
When you all got yours was it signed for ???

This assumes you're in the UK (no location on your username, sorry): If it attracts Customs charges then you'll need to pay that bill before they deliver, too. I went to the local depot when it arrived there and paid them over the counter and brought it home. Of course I had tracking so I knew where it was in order to go there! Otherwise you'll need to wait until you get a letter from Parcelforce and then either pay them over the phone/online and it will go out for delivery next working day or you can go to the local Parcelforce depot and pay and collect like I did.

If you're not in the UK that won't make any sense! :)

ROTORPIXEL
April 30
Good news, everyone! Since our last update, 11 days ago, we have shipped out over 100 gimbals! We've now shipped out up to order # XXXXXX2625, and are still moving as fast as we can."

This is from Rotorpixels facebook site.

My order is Rotorpixel: New Order Confirmed #1402072653.

My math is that 653 - 625 = 28 and I have not received my notification yet and I only live 1 hr. from Toronto.
Has anyone received notification around or beyond #653? I'm just wondering if I should be emailing Keri.

Well im 658 so not far behind you and not heard yet, although I have a plus to keep me company

:lol:

Loving this gimbal....huge improvement in stability of Video. its not perfect, but almost as good as the Plus in terms of stability, and as long as yaw is not a factor it is "as good",... it exceeds the Plus in survivability according to everything I've read so far. Just need the yaw axis motor for a complete fix for this aircraft. I suppose Keri will be busy for a few more months before he can explore the upgrade.

I flew in high winds the other day and nearly was blown into a tree or two (@1:30) before I got her back on the ground. Must have been 20-25 mph gusts. You cannot tell it by the video unless your looking at tree tops to get an idea of the wind speeds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3sA2oMANMQ

Waiting patiently for yaw upgrade.

The Rookie

I ordered and received the RPG.....the accessories bag (which is opaque not clear) has black thumb screws in it even though I ordered and received the white version of the RPG. Is this normal or did they pack the wrong accessories bag?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor