Rotorpixel balance problem

Reaction score
my Rotorpixel won't balance. It was fine then after A routine satellite calibration on the phantom - don't know if I caught the reset button on the back of the gimbal circuit board - but now the Rotorpixel shakes like it can't get a balance fix. I've re balance the gimbal using the back and side sliders so it's seems pretty much perfect but when I switch on it shakes all over the place. I tried contacting Keri and Rotorpixel through their web site and filled out the FAQ/contact form all to no avail. Has anyone had a similar problem?

Thanks Dirkclog I'll have a look. Just to confirm there's no wires snagging etc. it just started doing it out of the blue!! Hopefully the guys in the above link can help. Cheers

Thanks Dirkclog I'll have a look. Just to confirm there's no wires snagging etc. it just started doing it out of the blue!! Hopefully the guys in the above link can help. Cheers
blank stare.png
....... dirkclod ...o_O

Reactions: dirkclod
Was wondering what you'd been eating there :rolleyes:
images6Z9TC3UF.jpg
Now that just didn't make no sense at all there hard rock o_O
, Dang rpg might not even be shaking ! Just looks like he might need glasses ! :D

I'm having an issue with my gimbal tilting to the right substantially. It is balanced fine. I cannot seem to get it to level out. I have tried to contact Kerri for weeks with no response. Supe disappointed. Has anyone had this issue or know how to fix it?

Do you mean it's not level when you are flying ?
When you balanced it were you on a level table ?
Maybe you need to adjust the little white screw knobs .
Is new to me also and just throwing this at ya .

Do you mean it's not level when you are flying ?
When you balanced it were you on a level table ?
Maybe you need to adjust the little white screw knobs .
Is new to me also and just throwing this at ya .
Yes it is not level when I fly. After power up the gimbal tilts substantially to the right. I thought it was a motor problem but I switched the existing motors around with no luck. I also balanced the gimbal as is shown on this site. Nothing seems to help. I am starting to think the motherboard is faulty. I cannot get Rotorpixel to respond or help. Been trying for weeks.

Yes it is not level when I fly. After power up the gimbal tilts substantially to the right. I thought it was a motor problem but I switched the existing motors around with no luck. I also balanced the gimbal as is shown on this site. Nothing seems to help. I am starting to think the motherboard is faulty. I cannot get Rotorpixel to respond or help. Been trying for weeks.
Is this a new one or did it just start after awhile doing this .
Keri I believe is out of town or has other issue's he's dealing with .
I saw in here some pages back where some where having issues and had to download something and will look back and see what it was .
Mine has given me no issues so far . Knock on wood :rolleyes:

Is this a new one or did it just start after awhile doing this .
Keri I believe is out of town or has other issue's he's dealing with .
I saw in here some pages back where some where having issues and had to download something and will look back and see what it was .
Mine has given me no issues so far . Knock on wood :rolleyes:
Was in this in P2V Kupe but will have to look at abunch of pages but the answer should be in here http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/rotorpixel-gimbal-technical-discussion.10814/

Hi! I have a similar problem....my camera hangs crooked! It used to be just fine, but now this is what happens when powered up. I've balanced it pretty well--don't think that's the issue. Both axis' function properly but it is crooked to the world. I tried loosening the set screw on the rear motor shaft to re-position the camera housing--but no matter where I reset it, it's crooked again when powered up. Does anyone have any ideas about this? I've posted on Rotorpixel's FB site, but no takers.

Attachments

• IMG_1664.JPG
    IMG_1664.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 286
Dirkclod: thank you for the quick replly! No, I haven't tried recalibrating it. Is that the operation with the Phantom plugged into the computer and we run the assistant software? If so, I did that before installation, I remember--and they give you the numbers to enter. Is it something different?

Dirkclod: thank you for the quick replly! No, I haven't tried recalibrating it. Is that the operation with the Phantom plugged into the computer and we run the assistant software? If so, I did that before installation, I remember--and they give you the numbers to enter. Is it something different?
No it's where you unplug the gimbal motors and press the button in the back under the board after you have you camera perfectly level..
Will have to find that proper sequence . It's in a long thread in P2V section .

Thanks so much for that, I will give it a try tomorrow and see if it helps. I'll let you know, but thanks for digging up that information for me! You da man!

Reactions: dirkclod

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues