Rose Bowl Filming

Reaction score
Hello - I will be in Pasadena next week. I had read that there is a place next to the Rose bowl that is very drone friendly. I think someone said "Lot H"? Where exactly is this? Do you need to ask for anyone's permission before flying there? Hoping to take some nice shots of the Rosebowl! Thanks for your help! If anyone wants to join me - it will probably be Wednesday or Thursday of this week.

Just make sure you follow FAA rules. There is probably a TFR around the area as well since there is a game. Usually can't be anywhere close per FAA when game is happening.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I live n Pasadena and plenty of people fly at the Rose Bowl. Not over it though. The Rose Bowl is actually a park when there are no events going on. There are some fields in the area. Message me if you want to meet up. I work from home and can go there any time. I met some people flying racing quads there.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I live n Pasadena and plenty of people fly at the Rose Bowl. Not over it though. The Rose Bowl is actually a park when there are no events going on. There are some fields in the area. Message me if you want to meet up. I work from home and can go there any time. I met some people flying racing quads there.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
AV - just sent you a message. Let me know if you want to get together on Thursday!

Nikster and Erised - I think this has already been mentioned, but the FAA rules only apply to flying over large groups of people such as on game day. They also have restrictions on height and line of sight requirements. There is no restriction (from the FAA) on flying by stadiums on non event days. DJI has implemented certain stadiums as NFZ at any time (these are usually professional sport venues such as dodger stadium).

Nikster and Erised - I think this has already been mentioned, but the FAA rules only apply to flying over large groups of people such as on game day. They also have restrictions on height and line of sight requirements. There is no restriction (from the FAA) on flying by stadiums on non event days. DJI has implemented certain stadiums as NFZ at any time (these are usually professional sport venues such as dodger stadium).

HK, places like Bengals Stadium in Cincinnati have made it no flight 24/7. I would just check with Rose Bowl to see if they are good with it. I saw one from Ohio Stadium where the person just got permission to fly over and in it from Ohio State when it was not being used. It was very cool. Good luck. I would love to see video and photos of it.

The NFZ in Pittsburgh extend 3 miles around the venue. It would be interesting to hear if you were able to fly. Was it during, or up to 3 hrs before the game?

A lot of college stadiums dont have a geo-block around them. I flew over the Wisconsin Badgers stadium during a weekend they did not play. I was surprised because I figured they would like the Lambeau Field does.

If a stadium was not occupied or geo locked and I would have permision if needed I would love to fly in and around one for sure.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl