Rookie needs help with atti

Reaction score
First let me vent just a little about DJI Customer Service....they suck.
Bought my drone Dec 15th 2016, I contacted them Dec 20th 2017 because drone stopped working. DJI refused covering drone repair since it was 5 days beyond 1 year mark. I ended up paying them $172 to get it fixed. Got the unit back in January 2018 but due to winter and illness was unable to fly until a few days ago. Worked fine, used 2 batteries. Recharged batteries then DJI Go would not get passed the "atti" part. I decided it wasn't worth risking flying when the warning on the app that it will not hover was too much. I contacted DJI Cust Svc. They need more agent that have English as their first language. They are difficult to understand.

So I have a $499 + $172 + ? The drone now acts as a real good door stop. What should I do to get this unit flying once again?

I use my phone for my DJI Go app. And my phone is my camera. Any idea how to get a screen shot of the app so it is in my gallery?

iPhone? Screen shot- home button and for lack of the proper term, the action button on the side. Press both at the same time

How many satellites do you have locked in? Are you sure the switch wasn’t set to ATTI mode? What did DJI fix the last time?

Are you on an iPhone? If so, screencap by pressing home and power at the same time.

Google "Samsung Edge 7 screenshot"

Then please answer @bsartist questions.

Rod

S1 toggle is in up position, S2 toggle is in middle.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180501-112402[1].png
    Screenshot_20180501-112402[1].png
    1.9 MB · Views: 636
I have been all over the neighborhood and get the same screen. Also, when I power up the drone (everything else is on and connected), one of the motors and blade clicks and does nothing else.

It’s almost as if it thinks S1 is in the middle. S1 is the one on the upper right of the controller. Maybe try with both switches up

I have been all over the neighborhood and get the same screen. Also, when I power up the drone (everything else is on and connected), one of the motors and blade clicks and does nothing else.
There are two ways for your Phantom to be in atti mode.
1. You flick the flight mode switch to Atti .. or
2. For whatever reason, the Phantom does not have enough satellites to get a fix

If you switch to atti mode the Go app will show what satellites it is receiving but it won't use the data for position holding.
If you have no satellite reception the Go app will show no satellites being received.
Here's what you see when you switch to atti - note the number of sats.
i-HfszmZ5-M.png

If you are outdoors and have no sats showing, you have a hardware problem with the GPS receiver or its not connected properly.

Disconnected GPS cord or broken off connector on motherboard is likely. If disconnected, reconnect. If broken off at the board you may be able to get it fixed cheap. I’ve had 2 repaired at a local cell phone repair shop. They solder the wires directly to contact points on the board. You will need to provide pictures of the like new condition though so they understand what to do. Images easy to find on the internet.

Thanks to all of you, so far...
From what I understand, I need to remove the top half of the drone to give the visual check of the GPS cord/connector. Am I understanding this correctly?

Thanks to all of you, so far...
From what I understand, I need to remove the top half of the drone to give the visual check of the GPS cord/connector. Am I understanding this correctly?

Correct. The GPS module is attached to the top half and should be plugged into the main board on the lower part.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT