Rock houses

OOO

Reaction score
This houses carved into the rocks by the Phrygians, an ancient nation in western Turkey, to secure themselves from their enemies.

I didn’t like the color of sky but I was not able to correct it in post. I think it is directly related to incorrect use of polarized filter.

1) P4P and MP
2) Recorded and uploaded at 4K@30 fps
3) D-Cine with -1/-1/-1
4) Polarized ND8 and ND16
5) FCPX

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
I would love to go metal detecting in Turkey. The oldest coin I have found in the United States dated back to the 17 hundreds. Can't imagine how old I the things I could find things in Turkey.

Reactions: OOO
Yes, you may even find world's first coins here :) Following paragraphs are from online sources:

“Historians believe metal objects were first used as money as early as 5,000 B.C. Around 700 B.C., the Lydians became the first Western culture to make coins.”

“Lydia was an Iron Age kingdom of western Asia Minor located generally east of ancient Ionia in the modern western Turkish provinces of Uşak, Manisa and inland İzmir. Its population spoke an Anatolian language known as Lydian”

Last edited:
Good job Thanks for posting

Thank you Al Bany and elpasil4! Did you see any flickering in the footage?

"This houses carved into the rocks by the Phrygians, an ancient nation in western Turkey, to secure themselves from their enemies"
I wonder where they got their food and water ?

"This houses carved into the rocks by the Phrygians, an ancient nation in western Turkey, to secure themselves from their enemies"
I wonder where they got their food and water ?

There are many water sources in the surrounding valleys and they probably had some kind of water storage system. But this is just my guess.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.