RF-V16 tracker and H2O Wireless issues

Reaction score
App and text settings aren't working with my H2O Wireless sim card with RF-V16 GPS Tracker. When I try to update the settings from the ReachFar App I get "Current device is offline. Can't send commands"
When I try to update setting via text, I do not get a text response back.
GPS does work and updates, as I can see the correct location from the App, even though it says 'V16-XXXXX Not enabled'.

Anyone got any ideas?

Focus on getting the text to device working. The app could be a whole other issue. See this site and comment thread below for common tips/tricks
RF-V16 GPS Tracker | Sam's blog

Try to set the APN. This helps sometimes. You can get the APN from the carriers website or direct.

Also if you call or chat with H2O Wireless and ask them to remove the Voicemail feature on your number that can do it. It will not ring for 45 seconds before telling you the person is unavaible. Otherwise it will ring for only 20 seconds before going to voicemail. You can keep voicemail, and have them change the time to 30 seconds if you want.
Also I was able to remove my Verizon Sim card and insert the H2O Wireless sim card in my phone in order to receive a text so I could add that phone number to my H2OWirelessNow.com account.

So for H20 wireless, first thing to do is set some settings via text message. First set the SOS1 number, then the Language to English. Then set the APN. After that you should be able to use all the features of the App.
Text the following commands:
<password>,sos1,<phone number># (sets master phone number. fyi, default password is 123456)
lag,2# (sets language to English)
apn,att.mvno,user,,pd,,pip,66.209.11.33,pport,80# (updates the APN)

Reactions: 2nd2non
For some reason, my phone cannot connect to the Reach Far App when it is on Verizon Network only (says Network connection fails), but works when I'm on WiFi. I also can't get to gps123.org (the site that stores the data) when on Verizon. I wonder if Verizon blocks access to gps123.org (I heard it has virus or something).

-Scott

For some reason, my phone cannot connect to the Reach Far App when it is on Verizon Network only (says Network connection fails), but works when I'm on WiFi. I also can't get to gps123.org (the site that stores the data) when on Verizon. I wonder if Verizon blocks access to gps123.org (I heard it has virus or something).

-Scott
The APN is carrier specific. You would have to send the new APN for Verizon.

I had to update the APN.
RF-V16 GPS Tracker | Sam's blog
http://en.rf-gsm.com/uploads/soft/140407/RF-V16-Spec.pdf
https://www.h2owirelessnow.com/images/pdf/ManualConfigurations011211.pdf
Here is the text command I used for H2O Wireless.
apn,att.mvno,user,,pd,,pip,66.209.11.33,pport,80#
Glad you got ATT service working. In still having issues with my second RFv16 on TMobile. Can't get the app to work even after setting the APN, so I've got my retailer working the issue. I'll share the learnings so it's captured in this thread. As you know, there wasn't any relevant info on this forum prior to us talking about it [emoji6]

The APN is carrier specific. You would have to send the new APN for Verizon.
It's not that the tracker isn't working with Verizon (I'm still using H2O Wireless, not Verizon for tracker), it's that the Android App on my Verizon phone doesn't work when the only connection to the internet I have is 3G/4G through Verizon. If my phone is connected to WiFi instead, it works. Verizon is blocking my cell phone's access to gps123.org. I cannot get to gps123.org even on Chrome browser with my phone when using Verizon 3G/4G for internet.

Glad you got ATT service working. In still having issues with my second RFv16 on TMobile. Can't get the app to work even after setting the APN, so I've got my retailer working the issue. I'll share the learnings so it's captured in this thread. As you know, there wasn't any relevant info on this forum prior to us talking about it [emoji6]
These settings don't work?
T Mobile apn settings - Step by Step Configuration

First, where you able to successfully set the master phone number (sos1) via text?
You should have gotten a response back (in Chinese if you haven't set your language to English yet). If you didn't get a response back, you didn't set the master number correctly.

These settings don't work?
T Mobile apn settings - Step by Step Configuration

First, where you able to successfully set the master phone number (sos1) via text?
You should have gotten a response back (in Chinese if you haven't set your language to English yet). If you didn't get a response back, you didn't set the master number correctly.
TMobile sent me to another page with the APN.
apn,fast.t-mobile.com#
I just moved to a new location and it works. I probably just did not have a data connection (voice only) unless the retailer fixed it with manufacturer. Let me see if they respond.

The retailer didn't do anything, so the resolution was setting APN and moving to a location where data services were available.

So for H20 wireless, first thing to do is set some settings via text message. First set the SOS1 number, then the Language to English. Then set the APN. After that you should be able to use all the features of the App.
Text the following commands:
<password>,sos1,<phone number># (sets master phone number. fyi, default password is 123456)
lag,2# (sets language to English)
apn,att.mvno,user,,pd,,pip,66.209.11.33,pport,80# (updates the APN)
sbarton, thanks for the info on setting up the H20 sim card using the apn info you provided. Works like a charm. I was right on the brink of returning the device. I have 1 question though...when I send dsp# I get a valid reply but I'm confused about "Operating mode:push to talk" should I be concerned about this mode? GSM signal is strong;GPS signal:sleep Battery Life:100; Tracking:ON
Thanks for any insight you can provide

thanks for all this info, this got mine working on h20 network.
what do you guys have the interval for uploading GPS location set at? default is 30s standby 6h

thanks for all this info, this got mine working on h20 network.
what do you guys have the interval for uploading GPS location set at? default is 30s standby 6h
I sometimes set mine short to 30sec if I want to see some sort of path on the app. Otherwise, I set it to 1-10min so if it's lost I have plenty of battery power to find.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31