Return to take off point

Reaction score
To test if you have everything dialed in can you turn off transmitter while quad is flying, will it then return and land at take off point

Hi, if you are in standard mode and you have set the home point i.e you have waited until you get the rapid green flashes before taking off then yes absolutely fly away turn controller off. You will get message on phone stating signal lost then seconds later a symbol returning to home. I tried it several times to give me confidence that it would work and it did. Just make sure you don't gave any tall structures between you and the drone when you do it. In nazam mode you can set the S1 switch for failsafe ie return to home so you don't have to keep turning the controller off.
NB you should only do this as a last resort there are more controllable options available in Nazam mode.

I've tested the return to base and it worked a treat.

What I would REALLY like to do...

Set the take off point at one end of a 1.5 - 2 Km long beach. Jump on a quad bike or something with the FC40 and drive all the way to the other end, send the FC40 up and then turn off the controller and let it shoot a nice piece of video while returning to base.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik