Retrieving log file from iPad mini 4.....

Reaction score
So, I had a little problem a couple months back with switching to P mode after being in S, and it went to GPS ATTI instead of P, but I cannot get my flight log from my iPad mini 4.
I have waited until now to mention this trying to research and have all the info needed ready for an analysis. It has done this about three times. If I take off in P mode and stay there, it's flawless. I switch to A or S, when I go back to P it sometimes goes to A instead of P.
I have PC and downloaded iTunes for PC straight from Apple to try to retrieve logs to be able to load to phantomhelp log viewer. I watched the video, I get to the apps part in iTunes, it it won't recognize the apps.. like iTunes is not recognizing the iPad. Any suggestions? Any other way to retrieve logs from iPad other than iTunes?

Sent from my XT1585 using PhantomPilots mobile app

You must use iTunes to retrieve your flight logs. Make sure you're selecting your device in iTunes like this. You will only be able to see the apps after you select your device.

Thanks Mike. I had found this before asking and don't see the same icon in version 12 in iTunes...

iTunes version...
a0a77be28163c6b8c54a17744654e299.jpg

Icon should look like... (As shown in your link)
2b0ceaa7e54705074b3461ded4831269.jpg

What I see is...

a896ce87b28246622b42468bdf0810e0.jpg

I go to apps anyway, I see option to choose device...
b0ef95dfb2ee3d61b6b36b1133b27279.jpg

I click on iPad, nothing happens. I've tried for a while to figure this out before coming here.
When I plug in the iPad, (with supplied apple cable) iPad ask to allow to share photos/videos.. and I allow.
Don't know what else to try.

I had found this before asking and don't see the same icon in version 12 in iTunes
It's definitely in iTunes 12. That's the version I'm using.

PC...
Latest iTunes version..
Latest driver...
Restarted
iPad.. latest updates..
Restarted..
Tried all USB ports
No luck still.
Next option, apple chat/phone support tomorrow.

Your patience with all of us Mike Singer, highly appreciated!!! Thank you!!

Apple support went into my PC and found that the driver hadn't installed correctly, even though the PC was telling me the driver was up to date.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic