Retrieving flight log files from P3S help

Reaction score
Hey all,
Ive searched the forums on how to download the logs; I put my drone into flight mode but the problem is that when I connect through the usb port on the drone (on its nose), Windows does the connected sound but nothing shows up in my file explorer. Anyone had similar issues or know what to do? Its like its not connected at all.

Thank you
Tymon

Hey all,
Ive searched the forums on how to download the logs; I put my drone into flight mode but the problem is that when I connect through the usb port on the drone (on its nose), Windows does the connected sound but nothing shows up in my file explorer. Anyone had similar issues or know what to do? Its like its not connected at all.

Thank you
Tymon
I think you have to install a DJI (driver version 2.02 or later) before it will show up under windows. Cant for the likes of me figure out where I got them from nor do I know the filename. Hopefully someone else here will be more helpful

Hey all,

Thank you
Tymon
"I put my drone into flight mode"
You are using the app to put into phantom into down load flight data mode?
I don't recall needing drivers, the computers I have used are using XP.

Rod

Last edited:
I am not sure if I had to install something or not, It seemed that the first time I went into Flight mode DJI drivers were installed but I wont bet any money on that. Someone at the DJI forum had similar problems you describe. Check here:
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=39968&pid=293422&fromuid=411044
Well I read that thread twice, and what I make of it Windows loads the necessary drivers for the USB connection it self, so maybe if you didn't have an Internet connection at the time, maybe the windows drivers wouldn't install. That is a big MAYBE.
But I think the normal situations XP and newer it should load up with no problems. :rolleyes:
Microsoft has to wright or provide the drivers anyway.

Rod

Right so, from my computer science knowledge I dug out that my computer does indeed form a connection with the Phantom but in the form of a COM3 which is a serial port interface. Essentially one could communicate with the hardware using a console. However, how one does that is besides the point. Anyone have any other ideas why I cant see it? Or any drivers? Ive tried this now on two Windows machines (laptop and desktop) both with the same result.

pls help

Maybe the speed of USB port, some of computers only have like (2.0 usb ports?), can you see the sd card / picts on the Phantom when you hook to the gimbal.

and

As I asked in #3

Rod

Maybe the speed of USB port, some of computers only have like (2.0 usb ports?), can you see the sd card / picts on the Phantom when you hook to the gimbal.

and

As I asked in #3

Rod
GOT IT TO WORK. Basically I'm a dummy (or dont understand the hardware well enough). I had my entire gimbal (or at least the wire connecting to the camera) disconnected because I'm repairing it after my crash. Once I connected the wires that connected to the gimbal everything worked fine.

Thank you all so much for your help.

Reactions: BourgeoisSJC
GOT IT TO WORK. Basically I'm a dummy (or dont understand the hardware well enough). I had my entire gimbal (or at least the wire connecting to the camera) disconnected because I'm repairing it after my crash. Once I connected the wires that connected to the gimbal everything worked fine.

Thank you all so much for your help.
Well, I'm glad you got it, I wouldn't I have thought that would have been a factor, good to know.

Rod

I have the same problem, plug my usb cable into the front of the Phantom (not gimbal) and nothing shows up on my Windows 10 machine. If I connect the usb to the gimbal I can see my videos and phots in the DCIM folder. There are RVL files in another that I can not open?
From the advanced Settings menu of the DJ Go app (from my IPhone) I taped on Enter Flight data mode and after the pop up says plug in a usb cable nothing happens...

help ???

Terry Lewis provided this: The second flight log that you are trying to access are like an airplane's blackbox Flight Data Recorder and are saved on an internal 4GB SD Card built-in to the Main Controller board. I've found that I must enable access in the GO App, the aircraft will start beeping and then if I plug the USB into my computer then the computer will recognize it as a data device. In other words, your laptop must recognize the P3 as a data device. These internal logs are .DAT log files and are binary. These files were designed by DJI to provide very detailed telemetry on each and every flight. The P3 performs circular logging and will delete the oldest logs when space is needed. Because these files are binary, you need a decoder to read these files. The following sites can decode your DAT files and provide formatted data as CSV files or other formats:
DJI Log Converter
Maps Made Easy
Fly Log

The rest of the sites typically use the TXT files and will not decode DAT files.

Terry Lewis provided this: The second flight log that you are trying to access are like an airplane's blackbox Flight Data Recorder and are saved on an internal 4GB SD Card built-in to the Main Controller board. I've found that I must enable access in the GO App, the aircraft will start beeping and then if I plug the USB into my computer then the computer will recognize it as a data device. In other words, your laptop must recognize the P3 as a data device. These internal logs are .DAT log files and are binary. These files were designed by DJI to provide very detailed telemetry on each and every flight. The P3 performs circular logging and will delete the oldest logs when space is needed. Because these files are binary, you need a decoder to read these files. The following sites can decode your DAT files and provide formatted data as CSV files or other formats:
DJI Log Converter
Maps Made Easy
Fly Log

The rest of the sites typically use the TXT files and will not decode DAT files.

I get the beeping and the box that says "Stop ESC beeping" doesn't stop the sound. The "enter Flight Data Mode" button is still there... but after a dozen tries I now see a DJI FLY LOG dirextory on my compute full of files ... Thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj