Resource for local regulations?

Reaction score
Hi all. Is there a web database or app that will show local regulations for flying? I like everyone else get overwhelmed by all the legal speak and searching all the fine print in local laws. A simple yes you can or no you can't fly would be a huge help! As well as can I take pictures/video with privacy concerns or not.

I am 107 certified and my state laws do not conflict with faa rules very much but they define "surveillance" a little differently. I fly dronebase in my free time and have never had any problems. I just walked into my town code enforcement and explained what I do and asked if there are any regulations beyond the faa rules, they said no.

The patchwork of rules need to be much easier to weed through!

Hi Phil - I fly Dronebase as well, all around the Denver area and never had an issue (knock on wood). I went to each municipality website where I fly to see if they have any "commercial" drone restrictions, and none in my area do. I do know that most if not all municipalities around me prohibit drones in most parks and open spaces. I've had cops watch me fly, no issue but I do let folks around me know what I'm doing. It seems that if you're "working" with your drone (I tell folks I'm doing real estate photos) it sheds a different light on the whole situation. I've had some great positive encounters since I've been flying with Dronebase which right now is 90% of my drone flying.

I do have a few "special places" that are somewhat secluded where I may take one of my drones out for a joy ride :)

Last edited:
I'm glad you too have had a good experience with dronebase.

I think we all want to follow the rules, it would be so much easier if the rules were easy to find and were easy to read without having to have a legal degree.

Agree - it would also work if you wouldn't have to dig though laws and codes to figure out where any drone laws are. Unfortunately each city and state are going to handle this differently.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart