Resetting home point

Reaction score
Believe me when I say I have read the manual and scanned it a second time, plus I searched this forum well and couldn't find what I'm looking for. Is there a way to reset the home point for the phantom 3 in the air at a certain altitude? I know there is dynamic home point, and that's not what I'm referring to. My old P2plus could easily reset home point in flight by simply toggling the S2 switch. And now for the stupid question, how do I cache my area so I will have a map view? And will it affect the app or video as some I think are complaining about?

If you have an Apple device you should have dynamic and reset home point.
We are still waiting for DJI to release a new Android app with these features.
Caching maps is as easy as opening the app at home and maximising the map window.
On the map go to the area you want to fly zoomed in to the detail level you want and look around at the whole area you want to fly + a bit more.
That's it - you should now have the map available when you are out flying.

Caching maps is as easy as opening the app at home and maximising the map window.
On the map go to the area you want to fly zoomed in to the detail level you want and look around at the whole area you want to fly + a bit more.
For Android devices, follow these same steps, but in Google Maps. It apparently does not retain the cache properly if doing this in DJI Pilot.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20