Replacing ribbon cables P2V+ Help Needed

Reaction score
Phoning a friend to experts on the forum....I'm replacing the grey ribbon cables on my Phantom 2 Vision Plus and can't figure out for the life of me how to remove the plastic "fence" that appears to retain the cables flat against the lower body exit. I thought it would be removable by the two screws that retain the USB port bracket but it doesn't free-up and I'm concerned about getting all the USB port components back in the retention bracket - especially without dissecting the primary board for removal and access to lower body. Not sure it's altogether necessary to have the ribbons tightly laying flat as the exit hole on the lower body is plenty big, so destructive removal might be an option. Thanks for any help!

Tom

Welcome to the forum.
Never had a plus so won’t try and answer your question
but remember you tube is your friend. Always has been mine
learning to go into these things. Good luck. ?

Welcome to the forum.
Never had a plus so won’t try and answer your question
but remember you tube is your friend. Always has been mine
learning to go into these things. Good luck. ?
Good advice for sure. Also, when I do a repair/replace job, I always make it a point to have my drone in factory condition (or better) when I'm done. You don't take a chainsaw to a watch repair and drones are no different. Take your time, ask questions and comb YouTube for the answers you need.

Reactions: dirkclod
Successfully dissected the ribbon mount. The USB port/plate needs to be popped out allowing the ribbon fence to be removed. Appears the original was one wide ribbon. The replacement is several individual ribbons. Getting it all tucked back in requires patience to ensure the ribbons are in correct order and USB plate pops back into place.

Attachments

• P2V+ Ribbons.jpg
    P2V+ Ribbons.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 241
Reactions: dronesky
Successfully dissected the ribbon mount. The USB port/plate needs to be popped out allowing the ribbon fence to be removed. Appears the original was one wide ribbon. The replacement is several individual ribbons. Getting it all tucked back in requires patience to ensure the ribbons are in correct order and USB plate pops back into place.
Done a few of these, I find it easier to remove the main board complete before attempting it

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan