Replacement transmitter which one?

Reaction score
I think the USB port on my transmitter isn't working. It won't connect to any device.
Good job I never got around to doing my DBS mod!
Maplin in the UK are very good at looking after customers. I should be able to swap it out no problem.
Mine is the original A model - should I get another A or a B/C assumingI have a choice?
I have never updated the P3 so I don't want to use something that will force me to do that until I am ready.

I think the USB port on my transmitter isn't working. It won't connect to any device.
Maplin in the UK are very good at looking after customers. I should be able to swap it out no problem.
Mine is the original A model - should I get another A or a B/C assumingI have a choice?
I have never updated the P3 so I don't want to use something that will force me to do that until I am ready.
The A and B RCs both have the same power output for the control signal. It's only the C version of the RC that has reduced power. If you don't do any very long range flights, you probably wouldn't notice a difference with any of the versions in that regard.

The A has the DaVinci processor and USB 2.0. B and C don't have the internal video processor, but have USB 3.0.

Reactions: Wibble
I believe your USB port can be easily repaired by re-soldering tracks. You got to remove only 4 screws at the back of RC to expose USB module. It may be worth attempting it.

If you want to swap it with another, go for 300B, it will have better USB board. Alternatively, you can replace the board with HDMI module but that costs $99.

Reactions: Wibble
I am not convinced the USB board has gone - you get the typical USB noise when you plug it in - but it could be just one track of course!
If I have trouble swapping it out I will try that - I once fixed a broken TV circuit board with 68 jumper wires after my mate dropped it down stairs!

No problem if you are getting a free replacement :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl