Replace Vision Camera with zenmuse gimbal and Gopro

Reaction score
Dear phantompilots,

I'm currently not sadisfied with the quality that my vision camera gives so i'm looking for options to improve.
Does anyone know if the DJI phantom 2 Vision is compatible with the zenmuse gimbal and gopro combo and how to replace the current gimbal/vision combo to the gopro combo?

Greetings Chris

chrisverst said:
Dear phantompilots,

I'm currently not sadisfied with the quality that my vision camera gives so i'm looking for options to improve.
Does anyone know if the DJI phantom 2 Vision is compatible with the zenmuse gimbal and gopro combo and how to replace the current gimbal/vision combo to the gopro combo?

Greetings Chris

You can, but you won't have control of the tilt unless you can get in and change the software, which I guess some dealers can do.
Just call around and ask, but make sure they can enable the tilt on it!

chrisverst said:
Dear phantompilots,

Greetings Chris

If you do that you will essentially be turning it into a P2, so without extra hardware you will lose the FPV and telemetry. Also GoPro are unable to be controlled in the air for shutter and camera settings, etc. You'll also have problems with standard FPV kit as they operate on 5.8GHz - the same frequency as the Vision transmitter!

You may be better off selling your Vision and buying a P2/zenmuse/FPV package instead, which uses the more tradition 2.4GHz for control and 5.8GHz for FPV...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.