Repeat Litchi mission: matching P4 and P4P FOV/altitude

Reaction score
Hi.

I shot some video of a construction site during the summer, with a Phantom 4 and Litchi, at a constant height of 31.3 metres.

I’d like to repeat the exact mission to show progress, fading between/overlaying both sets of footage.

The problem is that I’m now operating a Phantom 4 Pro, which has a different field of view (94 vs 84 degrees), meaning everything will appear closer if I repeat the mission at the same height. I’ll therefore need to increase the altitude of this new mission. I just don’t know by how much; too high could make perspectives difficult to match. I think.

Has anyone faced the same issue? How did you overcome it? Are there any calculations out there?

I appreciate I’m unlikely to achieve an exact match, but I’m willing to give it a go. Alternative is to buy a used P4 of course… I could also crop the original footage I guess, but not ideal.

Cheers.

Reactions: BigAl07
Welcome to the Forum!
Good Luck I have know clue. ;):)

If you don't get any good hits here, you might try in the section:
Control (Go, Litchi, etc..)

Good Luck!

Rod

I moved this to the Control... thread.

Forum rules state no duplicate threads so it was just some simple house cleaning.

Thanks for understanding and good luck with your question :)

Allen

Reactions: RodPad
There's no "easy button" that I'm aware of. It's going to be Trial & Error.

Can you take your laptop with you to the job and run the flight and then compare the data to the original. This is exactly what we did (also using Litchi) when shooting a TV commercial for a sub division that was shot 6 months from start to finish.

Good luck :)

I'm not sure this would work, but it might be worth a try. If you approach it mathematically, Phantom 4 has an 89.36% smaller field of view than the Pro. If you change the height of the Pro by the same percentage as the difference in view or 10.64% or about 3.3 meters to 34.6 meters you may be on the money. If there is any small deviation you can correct the difference in post processing by changing the scale of the Pro footage as compared to the Phantom 4 to correct for any minor differences.

Caveat - this is just a theory, I have no proof, I'm not a mathametician, I haven't tested this theory, I only got straight "C's" in college math and I never took any optics courses...GOOD LUCK!

Yeah, there are a few on this forum that I think would have that knowledge.
I just haven't thought of there names yet.

Rod

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31