Repairing Corrupt DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Video Files

I think I experienced that one file did close upon reapplication of power as you described.
However, I have a bunch of files I copied to my computer and erased from the card that are corrupted.
Any suggestions?
Have you tried copying them back to the sdcard and reinserting it into the drone? I would suggest doing it one by one so as to not confuse the camera. Also use a clean and reformatted card...

Sounds like a good idea. I'll give it a go when I get my drone ready for spring flying.

I think I experienced that one file did close upon reapplication of power as you described.
However, I have a bunch of files I copied to my computer and erased from the card that are corrupted.
Any suggestions?

Try my (free) repair software, described here:
Repairing Corrupt DJI Phantom or Inspire Video Files

(Don't bother with that 'mp4repairmac' site; that appears to be a scam.)

Thanks.
finlayson
Is there any way you can build a tried and true OSX Automator of your solution?
I'm a JCL, Cobal, Pascal, LISP, compiled FORTRAN, 8 bit assembler & Basic (sigh) victim/programmer and do not want anything to do with UNIX diddling. "click" is my saviour. (I'm 60 years old) sigh again.

Forgot: "machine language" ... the hell of those that think they are programmers :)

And: binary, bits nibbles bytes octal hex anyone?

Thanks.
finlayson
Is there any way you can build a tried and true OSX Automator of your solution?

Sorry, no. My application is a 'console' application (rather than a GUI application). You need at least basic familiarity with the OS X 'terminal' application to use it.

I, like others have been using the wonderful djifix.exe, but sometimes it does not repair my videos, so I looked further and found some pieces of software (all console application) which requires a lot of effort and knowledge to build the proper command line, so I made my own GUI application (using those apps) which until now has been able to fix all my P3P damaged videos. I like to share with you all to download, its pretty easy to use. Only choose (browse for) a good video from your disk with the same settings of the damaged one and then choose the damaged video and click fix it, the app will do everything it need to fix it, you will have a new working video in the same folder the application started. I hope it works for you all: download it here
FIX-DJI.zip

I have upgraded an application which can help people not familiar with "console or command prompt apps ". It is an GUI interface for two binaries to process corrupt videos it is based on Slydiman Homepage method.
Please try downloading againFIX-DJI.zip
it works only in Windows XP and up! (sorry no Mac)
I have also posted a video to show how it works:
dji-fix.mp4

I found that putting the SD card back into the phantom and starting it up and then shutting it down that would repair a broken file on the SD card. However I have a number of files which I removed from the card over previous months and I do have them as files on my computer. I did try putting them back on the card and doing the phantom power cycle but it didn't help. Also when I try to download the files onto my iPad via the DJI phantom iPad app the files would not download. I'm hoping there would be some simple one click solution for OS X to fix the broken files.

This happened to me a couple of days ago, good footage, card showed I had a 250mb+ file but wouldnt open in any format, Just a kalidescopic page.
I copied it across to my Mac, tried wondershare ultimate to change it to different formats, still no luck, didnt delete it from the card, did some more filming the next day, when reviewing the new footage, lo and behold the so call corrupted footage was actually there.
I put it down to 2 things, I did a hot swap of batteries, before turning off the video button on the app during the intial filming , and the second thing I think a reseat of the card in and out of the quad may also have helped.
Just a thought

Last edited:
Its kind of annoying. I noticed going back over my archives (I keep everything) that the broken movies started after I updated past v3.08 firmware.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj