repair on controller gone bad

Reaction score
In preparation for selling a phantom 4 pro v1, I noticed a crack in one of the antennae. It was only cosmetic, but I wanted to change it out so the bird had no defects. I replaced them ok, but the ribbon cable that goes from the main board to the con board, the little black locking bar became dislodged and came off. I don't think I damaged the cable, but upon reassembling it, the app will not connect to the aircraft. The controller does, as evidenced by the gimbal control working and the props starting up, but the go4 does not see it. I suspect the usb port is not functioning. I have restarted everything several times, and reassembled, but still no connection. Anyone have any ideas before I contact DJI? I did have to disconnect several other cables, but they all are reconnected, I believe. Note, the last time I put it together, I tried a little hot glue on the edge of the cable to make sure it does not pull out. Didn't help.
Thanks for your help
IMG-3530.jpg
IMG-3531.jpg
IMG-3530.jpgIMG-3531.jpg
IMG-3532.jpg
IMG-3532.jpg
IMG-3530 copy.jpg
IMG-3530 copy.jpg

The connector needs to be replaced. Good repair shops can do that (not necessarily need to specialize in drones, any laptop or phone repair will do).

Connector is most likely:
Omron XF2M-3215-1A

It can be taken from a junk RC (each has 2), or bought new.

If you still have the lock tab, it can be reinserted. Without it, there is No Way it will work. Tiny knubs on the tab fit holes in the base. Good eyes and tweezers necessary. Been there, done that. Or just take it to a shop.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20