Removing the lens to put filters on. Any suggestions?

Reaction score
My Polar Pro filters arrived this morning and as I suspected, I am struggling to remove the lens the Phantom shipped with. It sure is screwed on tight and that thing is so delicate that I don't want to risk messing up the gimbal. Any suggestions?

Use less pressure.
Use a rubber band.
Use double sided tape.

Try wrapping a rubber band around the filter so you can grip it. Then, lightly grasp and turn it. It's most likely not as tight as you think.

My Polar Pro filters arrived this morning and as I suspected, I am struggling to remove the lens the Phantom shipped with. It sure is screwed on tight and that thing is so delicate that I don't want to risk messing up the gimbal. Any suggestions?
All of the other threads with this question suggested using less pressure and perhaps a rubber band as well. I haven't tried it myself, but other posts have noted that it works. Good luck sir.

Reactions: JoBe
Try a clean rubber glove with palm on front of lens. Turn with palm counter clockwise. This ensures no added pressure on threads.

I wrapped a thin rubber jar lid opener around the lens, twisted it on one side and turned the whole thing counterclockwise. Works like a charm. Do not put any pressure on the lens with your fingers, pinch the rubber together on one side and twist.

use a surgical rubber glove. gives you more grip, roll rour finger around the outside of the surround and grip looseley with your thumb. worked fine. look on youtube

Reactions: jimerb

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers