Remove the glue from Phantom 3 Standard Lens

Reaction score
Hello guys
Can someone help me on how to remove the glue from the lens? I can’t rotate it because of the glue.
E42CD1D7-2870-47F6-9A4C-3E46BC0EF9BA-5396-0000057FCE9EF022.jpg

(Permission from the owner of this photo)

Not sure I understand your dilemma. The lens does not rotate. There is a lens cover/protector that does, but it's not glued. Is that what you mean? The photo doesn't look like anything on either of my P3's.

Reactions: ferdz and Phill2
Not sure I understand your dilemma. The lens does not rotate. There is a lens cover/protector that does, but it's not glued. Is that what you mean? The photo doesn't look like anything on either of my P3's.

Hi thanks for the reply and sorry for may Bad English

My phantom 3 have an out of focus issue the images are sharp in near objects but it is blurry in far objects i have read some forums here and to fix it it needs to rotate the lens so that it can be focus but i cannot rotate because of the glue. I cannot see any treds in the lens also. I am using a phantom 3 standard.

Hi thanks for the reply and sorry for may Bad English

My phantom 3 have an out of focus issue the images are sharp in near objects but it is blurry in far objects i have read some forums here and to fix it it needs to rotate the lens so that it can be focus but i cannot rotate because of the glue. I cannot see any treds in the lens also. I am using a phantom 3 standard.
I think that the photo shows only the internals of a P3 camera.

I don't have a P3S but a quick check online seems to show that there is some glue holding the lens in.

This video showing a P3 camera might help you. In the video here the poster suggests that using gentle heat to soften the glue will make it easier to remove the lens from the casing, so you could perhaps do this with a hair-drier or a heat gun. Applying further gentle heat should also make it possible to turn the lens for adjustment if the glue is stopping you doing that. Or you can just release the glue using force - but be very careful (see at 5m:31 seconds.)

Last edited:
Reactions: LarBear360
I think that the photo shows only the internals of a P3 camera.

I don't have a P3S but a quick check online seems to show that there is some glue holding the lens in.

This video showing a P3 camera might help you. In the video here the poster suggests that using gentle heat to soften the glue will make it easier to remove the lens from the casing, so you could perhaps do this with a hair-drier or a heat gun. Applying further gentle heat should also make it possible to turn the lens for adjustment if the glue is stopping you doing that. Or you can just release the glue using force - but be very careful (see at 5m:31 seconds.)

Wow! Thanks i will this method i hope it will fix my out of focus issue.

Reactions: Steve7777
I remove all of the glue using a screw driver and can now rotate the lens, now all i have to do if to manually focus the lens.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20