Remove camera for shipment)

Reaction score
On a rough landing with my P 3 Std, the camera hit an hidden obstacle and broke the mounting arm. Cloudcitydrones said to ship the camera to them and the can repair for $99 labor plus $29 parts which is about half cost of new camera. I did fine removing except for two wires (one black and one grey). Do not want to cut unless I am advised there is no other practical way. Help! Also suggestions for altenative repair facilities will be appreciated. The camera works fine otherwise, Thanks...I am new at Phantom Pilots so bear with me...still learning. Don. (The N4eow ident is my Ham call)

Last edited:
There are 2 screws under each door that need to be taken out on the gimbal. Remove the doors and it will reveal the wire connection. The wires are coaxial, so be careful. I use needle nose pliers and remove them at the point of contact.

There are 2 screws under each door that need to be taken out on the gimbal. Remove the doors and it will reveal the wire connection. The wires are coaxial, so be careful. I use needle nose pliers and remove them at the point of contact.
I see the doors, one for each wire. I tried to remove them but was afraid to force...is there a prescribed technique to remove them...maybe I am over-cautious but do not want to damage anything. Thanks so much for your prompt response.

I'll try needle nose pliers to remove the doors....did not want to do damage trying to remove them where the wires go.

If you removed the 2 screws that are on each door, they should pop off. They have a little snap action on going on and coming off.
You can never be too cautious. There isn't much there you can hurt. It is just a little cover. If the worst happens, put tape over it. It is not going to happen. lol

There are no screws holding on the doors. You can see where I tried to pry one open with needle nost plyers and a tiny screw driver. Looks like I'll have to do something more drastic with care.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 341
Screws are on the back side. Loosen the screws first or you will break the covers.
Am I stupid or What/!!!! Never dreamed something like that would would be held in place by TWO screws. I thought all those screws held something else. Thanks so much again for you patience and help. Don

This is off the thread subject and if not approprriate to ask...just ignore. With the camera off the Drone; the drone starts up, flys fine with both sticks and shuts down but I do not have a lot of the other controls such as automatic take off and a lot of the readings such as "ready for take-off" and other info. Is this normal with the camera detached?

This is off the thread subject and if not approprriate to ask...just ignore. With the camera off the Drone; the drone starts up, flys fine with both sticks and shuts down but I do not have a lot of the other controls such as automatic take off and a lot of the readings such as "ready for take-off" and other info. Is this normal with the camera detached?
Yes. The 8 wire flat ribbon cable is the power to the gimbal. The 2 wires, the bk and the gr is the WiFi, so the P3 can communicate with the remote. That is why you don't see any information.

Thanks so much again....It's was important because I plan to send just the camera back for repairs. The drone does not appear damaged in any way and operates fine otherwise. You are providing us novices a great service.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20