Remote IDAnybody

Reaction score
UUID and flight information. Do I need to do this? If so how? Thanks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 454
That's pretty much Jim's response to everything DJI but it's not very helpful.

The remote ID wil be related to the new Aeroscope implementation and won't have any effect on anything unless you ever fly somewhere in the vicinity of an Aeroscope set.
It would allow you to choose a label or name that would be displayed to identify your drone.
The system is brand new and most flyers would never be anywhere near an operating Aeroscope set so it probably won't make any difference.

Reactions: paulmilum
That's pretty much Jim's response to everything DJI but it's not very helpful.

The remote ID wil be related to the new Aeroscope implementation and won't have any effect on anything unless you ever fly somewhere in the vicinity of an Aeroscope set.
It would allow you to choose a label or name that would be displayed to identify your drone.
The system is brand new and most flyers would never be anywhere near an operating Aeroscope set so it probably won't make any difference.
Thank you pal

Yes! And my opinion is apparently shared by many due to DJI’s response to customer complaints. If DJI would simply “start” considering their customer base as an ASSET rather than a LIABILITY as does almost every other successful company, their total customer base would change from semi critical to much more supportive as they make a fantastic drone even with the poor “customer service”. Plus the topics on this forum would change from those reporting problems with customer service incompetence to actually providing much needed problem solving tips that could avoid the dreaded call to support for help.

And, META4, I just realize that you are just doing your job by defending DJI but if you could simply direct your replies intended for the customer who complains with a legimate problem to where it might actually make a difference which would be directly to DJI, then that would be a good start! In other words work to help solve these numerous complaints by advising DJI of the problems rather than discrediting more of the customer base. IF, only DJI would listen!

The way it is now you can adjust some of the data sent to a DJI Aeroscope (if there was one in use within 10 miles of your quad). In the future, as it is implemented more fully, you will not be able to edit all the data sent to DJI. The Department 13 white paper also points out that certain information in the remote ID transmission currently can be turned on and off by the user. This is by design, to allow DJI customers to make certain decisions about which data to broadcast in advance of a regulatory mandate. As with most technology, the pre-release, pre-regulation version will often differ from a final implementation version. Once a remote identification requirement is implemented by the government, some of these user options will be removed so that the information required to be transmitted is in fact always transmitted. DJI intended from the start for its solution to allow other companies to design and build receivers so that remote identification information transmitted by the drone’s command and control radio could be the simplest and least costly method of accomplishing the policy need for remote identification. Other companies are already learning how to build receivers on their own. It will be the norm in the future.

*Just a side note... the forum and staff are in no way affiliated with DJI, (or any of the other drone companies our forums cover). The staff here have no direct communications with DJI. There are some members here that are DJI employees so they do see some post made here.

Since that last comment appears to have been sent my way, here are my thoughts, at the risk of getting banned.

Ok, I was curious as I have been mildly threatened by banishment for expressing my negative experiences with DJI customer service! The way I understood the policy was if I was not complimentary about DJI and unable to continue to try to find out why my drone crashed earlier this year and totally discounted by DJI who continually refused to tell me why it crashed! The worst part though is that I knew better! I checked out DJI the best I could and continually turned up the bad stuff about customer service but I hoped I’d be lucky and get a good one, which I didn’t. Therefore I have not found out how it flew inverted into the ground because it is impossible to duplicate! So I was stuck with the repair costs and no explanation but “hard landing” and “Pilot Error”!
Jim
WA5TEF.

Since that last comment appears to have been sent my way, here are my thoughts, at the risk of getting banned.

Ok, I was curious as I have been mildly threatened by banishment for expressing my negative experiences with DJI customer service! The way I understood the policy was if I was not complimentary about DJI and unable to continue to try to find out why my drone crashed earlier this year and totally discounted by DJI who continually refused to tell me why it crashed! The worst part though is that I knew better! I checked out DJI the best I could and continually turned up the bad stuff about customer service but I hoped I’d be lucky and get a good one, which I didn’t. Therefore I have not found out how it flew inverted into the ground because it is impossible to duplicate! So I was stuck with the repair costs and no explanation but “hard landing” and “Pilot Error”!
Jim
WA5TEF.
What happened to you is unfortunate. If I understand you correctly, DJI said they found no issues with your drone when you sent it in? Did you run the logs through MSingers tool? That can provide info about what happened. Another thing to consider when seeing lots of CS issues is the volume of products they sell. More products sold = more complaints. Now I am not defending the sometimes poor customer service DJI provides. They seem to have some issues with CS that they should solve. Aside from that, the forum has a rule about airing manufacturer problems. If you were warned in the past that is most likely why. We do allow complaints as long as they are not over the top or a continual rant. The best place to voice issues is with the manufacturer.

Reactions: Meta4 and ukracer

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4