P3 Firmware Remote Firmware still at 1.8.0 but drone at 1.9.6

Reaction score
I have the P3 Professional and did the 1.9.6 updates for the drone, camera and batteries, but the remote update still says 1.8.0 and does not show a new update in the status in DJI Go app.

Is this correct? I tried to manually install the update using an SD card like the old updates, but it didnt work.

Thanks,

BGecko

Correct. Current FW for the aircraft is 1.9.6, current for the Tx is 1.8.0.
I'm still on 1.6.0 though as I didn't like all the issues reported with it.

Thanks. I haven't had any issues once I got everything updated. Its been going very smoothly and havent noticed any range issues etc. In fact, my video has gotten better around my house where I was having signal issues with wifi interference.

You're lucky.

My OCD self wants to be current with all software and firmware versions, but when I read about all the issues and degradation in performance that some people are reporting, I tend to hold off updating for as long as possible.

It seems DJI puts out FW releases that impact all of their devices instead of keeping different device-specific firmware. In clumping it all together, the chance for bugs or conflicts in the code is greater with every release.

Correct. Current FW for the aircraft is 1.9.6, current for the Tx is 1.8.0.
I'm still on 1.6.0 though as I didn't like all the issues reported with it.

Hi , i updated to 1.8.0 and my live video became instantly terrible due to interference. I tried 2 tablets and my note 4 but no change.
I then downgraded the controller to 1.6.0 and it instantly fixed things.
Do I need to downgrade the p3p and batteries as this is still at 1.9.6? Or is it still safe to fly with the older Tx firmware.
Any help is much appreciated as im a complete noob :D

Thanks

How do you downgrade the controller, as I did upgrades a couple of days ago and now I cant fly due to extremely poor video feed. Do they not check updates before release.
Please help, grounded until fixed.

Thanks Brenus, a quick search on the net and I came up with this.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
You never used to be able to roll back the remote. Fingers crossed...

Last edited:
Bingo, back in business.
DJI support are as about as useful as tits on a bull...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.