remote control signal weak

Reaction score
The weather has been horrible and I've got an itch to scratch:confused:. So i hook up the p3A to my ipad air 2 and fire up autopilot. The info bar reads "remote controller signal weak" for quite a long time. Then every now and then it will say "safe to fly in green and then back to weak signal. I am presuming it is because I'm indoors. any ideas?

Indoors shouldn't affect things, its the distance (and any interference) that determines the signal strength. May be more affected by which direction you have the remote and antennas pointed. Even at that close range (assume both are in the same room), pointing the remote away from the AC could lower the signal enough to give you a warning.

Strange things can happen if your TOO close to the receiver as well

Just a WAG.

I believe it has to do with your flight mode settings. P mode works best if there is a strong GPS signal. Because you are in doors you will not get that constant GPS signal,thus weak control signal from the controller.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Indoors shouldn't affect things, its the distance (and any interference) that determines the signal strength. May be more affected by which direction you have the remote and antennas pointed. Even at that close range (assume both are in the same room), pointing the remote away from the AC could lower the signal enough to give you a warning.
I agree. The likelihood is that interference is the cause.

Went outside this evening when I got home from work. I had no problems with the reception. 15 sats locked and I did a very short (500 feet) at 50 feet high flight. No troubles at all. The wind was about 15 - 20 mph and I did not charge my pack, so I didn't want to push it. But the controller never said "weak signal" as it did in the house. Just need good weather. I used the go app. but I also have autoflight's auto pilot to use when weather improves.

Good morning. I also have this problem, I have P3P and I updated yesterday with a firmware version V01.11.020 and I am not able to fly because only the red bar with the message "Remote Controller Signal Weak" appears. Can someone help me? I already tried installing an old version of the firmware but I did not succeed either.

I
Good morning. I also have this problem, I have P3P and I updated yesterday with a firmware version V01.11.020 and I am not able to fly because only the red bar with the message "Remote Controller Signal Weak" appears. Can someone help me? I already tried installing an old version of the firmware but I did not succeed either.

I believe this was answered in your other post.

Reactions: OsmarKruger

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
intertronixlabel