Remote control charging

Reaction score
After each flight when my battery drain down of course I charge the battery up. But I also charge of the remote control. I read somewhere that you can get about 10 or 11 flights out of the remote control before you need to charge it. But I always charge it right after with the battery is that bad for the remote control? Or should I just wait after it drains out after 10 or 11 flight then charge it ?

You probably should be taking it down to at least 50%. I have had lip0s on rc transmitters that were not use for months but they were not left at full charge. You just don't want to charge it to full and let it set and not use it in 7 to ten days. Lipos setting at full charge will swell and produce heat and may become hazardous. You don't know whether it is swelling as you cant see it in the controller.

Watch this video-- has some good battery info
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

So, you guys think that the controller puts out the same power when its that low ? (30 flights!?)
I've been a hobbiest before LiPo came when Nickel Metal Hydride was the replacement to Nickel Cadmium. Of course I realize the "memory" effect is much less of an issue with each iteration of new tech. and these latest (not LiFe) LiPo batteries are best when used up, or down, however you want to say it before recharged, I'd be more then a little nervous running my drone on one or even two LED lights. With that being said I believe you guys and you obviously didn't notice a loss in transmitting power? I'm sure they're regulated so power is adjusted and leveled out but swear I read somewhere when they test, it's always at full battery power. And can't remember what DJI recommends, likely a fresh charge before every use?

Usage down to two LEDs should present you no troubles. And have plenty left in reserve. Because it consumes such little power charging after each flight is going to keep the battery in a 100% hi tension state.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

So can I just turn the remote control on to drain the battery and let it drain before I charge it would that be a good idea. I just don’t like going out and fly in with the remote at like 50%. So I always charge every time I go flying. But was wondering If I just turn on the remote with that hurt it

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers