Remote battery replacement cost

Reaction score
My 2 year old, out of warranty, Phantom 4 remote control suffers from the common "partial charge" syndrome that seems to be a genuine flaw that were it a car, it would be subject to a recall!

I have the "return" label to send my remote to DJI for repair, but no idea what to expect in terms of what they might charge me. Anyone been through this? Would love to know what I'm in for.

Thanks.

This is a recognized problem with that particular controller, although the problem is rarely the battery. There's been an increase lately in the number of reported problems on this forum that apparently DJI is aware of. The problem has been documented as being hardware related and a few DIY repair remedies have been offered, all involving more than a casual amount of effort to fix if you're not handy. Several pilots have returned their controllers for repair/replacement. If you're not up for the DIY solutions, returning it may be your best option. Cost? Others here can probably offer more comment on that. Good luck.

Find an independent repair shop if you can! I’ll never deal with DJI repair again! They had rather lie than tell the truth plus they are mostly incompetent.
Good luck
Jim
WA5TEF

Reactions: Greg Popp
Don't quote me on this but, I believe I read some posts where DJI replaced the controller at no charge. You may want to confirm the before going down that path

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl