Part 107 test- recurrent or the whole thing

Reaction score
My license was issued 3/13/17 and when I login to check the expiration date it is blank. It has the issue date but no expire date. I called and the guy really could not tell me anything other than check how long the license is supposed to last. I called the local CATS Testing center and they said just login and take the recurrent test. I went online to CATS ( PSI) and they had me call in to register for the test but after 15 minutes of waiting I hung up. If I sign up to take the recurrent test will I get my license back or will they tell me to take the initial test all over again?

The license doesn't expire but your currency expires after two years at the end of the month during which you took the test, i.e. yesterday. Taking the recurrent test this month will get you current again, this time until the end of April 2021.

What does this mean, re: recurrence?

If I get a 107 and start to do business, after 2 years, can I still advertise "with 107 licence", or will I have to say "with 107 licence, kept current"? to legally fly as a 107 pilot?

I know manned aircraft requires a pilot to stay current, but I didn't know that was a Part 107 requirement.

(I have yet to take the 107 test, but am "this" close to it.)

Also: is the recurrent test as difficult as the initial test?

Chris

If I get a 107 and start to do business, after 2 years, can I still advertise "with 107 licence", or will I have to say "with 107 licence, kept current"? to legally fly as a 107 pilot?

I know manned aircraft requires a pilot to stay current, but I didn't know that was a Part 107 requirement.

Chris

It's just the same as for Part 61 - you have to stay current to fly. How you choose to advertise that is entirely up to you.

The recurrent test is shorter (40 questions) and doesn't include weather or flight characteristics. Similar level of difficulty though - i.e. not very difficult at all.

It's just the same as for Part 61 - you have to stay current to fly. How you choose to advertise that is entirely up to you.

The recurrent test is shorter (40 questions) and doesn't include weather or flight characteristics. Similar level of difficulty though - i.e. not very difficult at all.

Thanks for the reply. That sounds reasonable -- I just wasn't aware of it.

Chris

Chris
The recurrent test is a bit easier as it does not have weather questions. Research this online to find complete info. Here's a link to an FAA course (free) which will help you study for it - Activities, Courses, Seminars & Webinars - Course Overview - FAA - FAASTeam - FAASafety.gov

also, you just simply say that you have a Part 107 License - no need to mention current or not as that would be between you and the FAA (most potential customers would assume a license means you are good to go).

The recurrent test is a bit easier as it does not have weather questions. Research this online to find complete info. Here's a link to an FAA course (free) which will help you study for it - Activities, Courses, Seminars & Webinars - Course Overview - FAA - FAASTeam - FAASafety.gov

also, you just simply say that you have a Part 107 License - no need to mention current or not as that would be between you and the FAA (most potential customers would assume a license means you are good to go).

Some larger & more educated clients will require you to have proof of currency determined by the date of your last currency rating. I've actually got 4 clients that have requested (ok required) proof of currency from me over the last few months.

Some larger & more educated clients will require you to have proof of currency determined by the date of your last currency rating. I've actually got 4 clients that have requested (ok required) proof of currency from me over the last few months.

That's good to know. I haven't come across that but am prepared just in case. I keep my test certificate in my possession along with my airspace authorizations, flight checklist, log book, etc in a binder.

That's good to know. I haven't come across that but am prepared just in case. I keep my test certificate in my possession along with my airspace authorizations, flight checklist, log book, etc in a binder.

Have you checked out our sister "Commercial" forum?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4