Regulations of small UAS

Why do you hope that? It seems it would be good and does not affect hobby or recreational use. I think one of the things they will be figuring out is how to certify people for commercial use so the people who want to use their UAS to make money won't have to be a licensed pilot.
They don't want us to fly at night, I like flying at night.

Are you a commercial UAS operator? If not then you need not worry because it says "The new rules would not apply to model aircraft. However, model aircraft operators must continue to satisfy all of the criteria specified in Sec. 336 of Public Law 112-95, including the stipulation that they be operated only for hobby or recreational purposes."
So you will still be able to fly at night.

The key words overlooked would be:

"The FAA proposal offers safety rules for small UAS (under 55 pounds) conducting non-recreational operations"

Are you a commercial UAS operator? If not then you need not worry because it says "The new rules would not apply to model aircraft. However, model aircraft operators must continue to satisfy all of the criteria specified in Sec. 336 of Public Law 112-95, including the stipulation that they be operated only for hobby or recreational purposes."
So you will still be able to fly at night.
I plan to be a commercial operator.

I plan to be a commercial pilot.
On the one hand it will be easier to become a commercial drone operator, on the other you may not be able to fly at night (I seriously doubt it) I personally would trade night flying for the ability to lawfully make money off my pictures and videos without having to spend $10,000 to get a pilots license.

On the one hand it will be easier to become a commercial drone operator, on the other you may not be able to fly at night (I seriously doubt it) I personally would trade night flying for the ability to lawfully make money off my pictures and videos without having to spend $10,000 to get a pilots license.
Yea I hope they do change it but I also hope they don't make stupid rules like no flying at night.

Small UAS Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRM)
Well... I hope this don't get approved.

I would welcome this.... a way to be compensated for flying without having a pilot's license? That would be a huge step forward. I love the idea that there would be some qualification steps too. I understand you want to fly at night... but, other than that... this would be a pretty good result.

I would welcome this.... a way to be compensated for flying without having a pilot's license? That would be a huge step forward. I love the idea that there would be some qualification steps too. I understand you want to fly at night... but, other than that... this would be a pretty good result.
Yea I want an easier way to get a commercial license.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj