Registration of pre-owned sUAS.

For HOBBY registration the OPERATOR is registered and that # is on the aircraft. Once you are registered you simply put your new # on your aircraft. If it was commercially registered let us know and we can help with that process too.

Reactions: Falcon900
For HOBBY registration the OPERATOR is registered and that # is on the aircraft. Once you are registered you simply put your new # on your aircraft. If it was commercially registered let us know and we can help with that process too.

I'm looking to buy one from a friend, but I think it's even been registered commercially.

Ask him to be sure. You'll still register yourself as hobby and put that # on the aircraft.

Find out if it's an FAA# or an N#.

If you have the serial # of the aircraft (don't post it here) you can go to HERE and enter it and see if it's an N#

If you have the serial # of the aircraft (don't post it here) you can go to HERE and enter it and see if it's an N#
Either way, if you friend has registered it for commercial use, you should request a bill of sale. You are likely to need that to reregister it under the new owner, you.

Reactions: BigAl07
Either way, if you friend has registered it for commercial use, you should request a bill of sale. You are likely to need that to reregister it under the new owner, you.

I don't think he has it registered it commercially. He was only a hobbyist.

I don't think he has it registered it commercially. He was only a hobbyist.
If it was ONLY hobby registered you have nothing to do/worry about. You register it as Commercial and you're good to go.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers