Registration number kits

For those of you who plan to actually follow like sheep and accept this rule (mass disobedience nullifies laws you know), my recommendation is do as LITTLE as absolutely possible. Why clearly identify your drone if you don't have to? if I had an option to hide my license plate in my glovebox, that's where it would be. They're not only LETTING us but ENCOURAGING us to put the ID in the battery compartment. Well, that's where it should go. write it on a piece of masking tape and stick it in there. Identifying your craft on the belly with large clear lettering only opens you up to easy identification, unlawful police intervention and unnecessary harassment. Anonymous is always best.

For those of you who plan to actually follow like sheep and accept this rule (mass disobedience nullifies laws you know), my recommendation is do as LITTLE as absolutely possible. Why clearly identify your drone if you don't have to? if I had an option to hide my license plate in my glovebox, that's where it would be. They're not only LETTING us but ENCOURAGING us to put the ID in the battery compartment. Well, that's where it should go. write it on a piece of masking tape and stick it in there. Identifying your craft on the belly with large clear lettering only opens you up to easy identification, unlawful police intervention and unnecessary harassment. Anonymous is always best.

This is self rule, so this seems like some kind of anarchy incitement,

YYSSWA... But in self rule WE will assess you a large fine for non-compliance.

UAS Registration Q&A
Q3. What is the penalty for failing to register?

A. Failure to register an aircraft may result in regulatory and criminal sanctions. The FAA may assess civil penalties up to $27,500. Criminal penalties include fines of up to $250,000 and/or imprisonment for up to three years.

Good luck.

I will proudly add the number to my P3, so as to reduce worry.

FYI: The FAA provides local law enforcement with guidelines for responding to "drone complaints" and that includes reports to the regional FAA office.

FYI: The FAA provides local law enforcement with guidelines for responding to "drone complaints" and that includes reports to the regional FAA office.
That goes without saying, now any LEO that sees a UAS flying in his area is going to stop and ask to see your registration card, if you don't have it he will write you a citation, which in due course will be reported up to the FAA, then someone will be opening a very interesting piece of mail. Do you have any idea how many 'busy bodies' there are out there with nothing to do other than report you for flying your UAV? a lot.

Just don't register. Problem solved

On one hand, I agree with your comment. Technically, I don't have a problem with registering my P3P, but when the FAA released the information that anyone can pull up your name & address, that's where the line is drawn. I find the situation similar to people who hate motorcycles & motorcyclists. It's the few who give the many a bad name. People who have a strong dislike (that's putting it mildly) of UAVs, & poodle who fly UAVs, might use the freely accessible database to harass people.

On the other hand, if something happened to a drone that wasn't registered, and it was discovered that you're the owner, the penalties are EXTREMELY stiff.

That goes without saying, now any LEO that sees a UAS flying in his area is going to stop and ask to see your registration card, if you don't have it he will write you a citation, which in due course will be reported up to the FAA, then someone will be opening a very interesting piece of mail. Do you have any idea how many 'busy bodies' there are out there with nothing to do other than report you for flying your UAV? a lot.

"Lessee, officer" (rifles through wallet) -

"Driver's license, uh, no, not it. Car registration, not that either. Insurance card. Personal insurance card. Amateur radio license. Coast Guard, Operator of Uninspected Passenger Vessel certificate. Nope. Not the right one either."

Officer's eyes start to glaze over. He looks at his watch.

"Fire Department ID, not that either. TSA ID card. Hmmm. Where is the damned thing? Credit cards. Social Security card. DEA license. State professional license..... Gotta be in here somewhere."

May you live in interesting times.

This is self rule, so this seems like some kind of anarchy incitement,

YYSSWA... But in self rule WE will assess you a large fine for non-compliance.

UAS Registration Q&A
Q3. What is the penalty for failing to register?

A. Failure to register an aircraft may result in regulatory and criminal sanctions. The FAA may assess civil penalties up to $27,500. Criminal penalties include fines of up to $250,000 and/or imprisonment for up to three years.

Good luck.

I will proudly add the number to my P3, so as to reduce worry.
The poster wasn't saying don't comply; he was saying if you do so then do it in a minimal fashion by putting the label in the battery compartment on a piece of masking tape. This is a good idea. I was thinking a label maker but I like the masking tape idea better, inside the battery compartment.

First offense=$1000

FAA-2015-7396 Para. C

Just kidding
So registering but not labeling is $1,000 fee? That's a slap on the wrist, hardly something I would worry about. But where did you get this number -- I google'd around a bit and can't find this FAA-2015-7396 paragraph C.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well apparently we will be looking for someone to sell the sticker kits for the registration numbers pretty. Anybody know where to start looking for that sort of thing. Maybe a good idea for the decal guys to put something cool together.
I got mine at STAPLES. Black vinyl stencils 1/2" and put my N number on 3 sides. They are holding strong today and look great. Cheap too.

Well apparently we will be looking for someone to sell the sticker kits for the registration numbers pretty. Anybody know where to start looking for that sort of thing. Maybe a good idea for the decal guys to put something cool together.
I have had many RC airplanes and quads returned to me by simply putting "REWARD CALL XXX-XXX-XXXX" using a low cost label maker (Dymo). So, adding a simple registration number is easy.

I have had many RC airplanes and quads returned to me by simply putting "REWARD CALL XXX-XXX-XXXX" using a low cost label maker (Dymo). So, adding a simple registration number is easy.

Man, I've been flying all types of things that go fast and far, expensive & cheap, for 30 years. I've never lost any. I still have my AMA numbers on them.

How have you, "I have had many RC airplanes and quads returned to me by simply putting "REWARD CALL XXX-XXX-XXXX" ???

How many have there been? How did you lose them all? Just curious.....

SD

Page 131 of the Marking Requirements PDF

“Finally, a number of commenters assumed that an FAA registration number would include the “N” prefix that is used for identification of U.S. registered aircraft. The agency clarifies that the registration numbers issued to small unmanned aircraft under the IFR are not intended to be used for nationality identification and thus will not include the “N” prefix because the part 48 registration process is available only to small unmanned aircraft operating within the United States.”

For those of you who plan to actually follow like sheep and accept this rule (mass disobedience nullifies laws you know),

True but in the case of the drone owners most people that have them from what it seems to me are big time pro goverment sheep who think that there is no such thing as governments doing any thing nefarious or who think that a trust worthy goverment cant even possibly ever even become un trust worthy. nore do they even think the goverment is some one every ones friends and they are just either to young or dont known history to know any better. So I dont think there will be even nearly enough disobedience to even hope of nullifieing the law. Most of them will also say well all the other lemmings are jumping over the cliff to there deaths so it must be ok and will just go along with it any way.

my recommendation is do as LITTLE as absolutely possible. Why clearly identify your drone if you don't have to? if I had an option to hide my license plate in my glovebox, that's where it would be. They're not only LETTING us but ENCOURAGING us to put the ID in the battery compartment. Well, that's where it should go. write it on a piece of masking tape and stick it in there. Identifying your craft on the belly with large clear lettering only opens you up to easy identification, unlawful police intervention and unnecessary harassment. Anonymous is always best.

True is one feels they must or even just want to register its still not a good idea to put the number on the outside esp when the faa is not only allowing it but even recommending it be put inside the battery compartment. and the reg thing is not any thing like having your contact details on it. Most people dont put there home address and full name on there contact info and even when they do some ones only going to see it if they find someones lost drone. Which is not all that likely that the person is also going to be so unlucky that there drone flys away and is found by that 1 in 1000 people who might want to find some ones home address to commit a crime against the person like any one can with a reg number and them all being searchable and the faa giveing out any ones name and home address to any freak that wants to go on line and look them up.

Any parents with kids should esp Think about this even if you trust your very un trust worthy goverment who has a very bad track record of being trust worthy. Should still consider you you also trust every one else in the world not to do some thing bad if you kid happens to have a drone and posts pics on line for the whole world to see the numbers. and being kids are already hard enough as it is to keep from accidentally revealing to much info on line that strangers could use to do them harm.. it would be very good advise to put there numbers INSIDE just to be safe even if the chances are only 1 in a million that some pervo freak might track down your kid and hurt them. I'm sure no parent wants to be that 1 out of a million and nothing at all wrong with being a lil bit safe compared to real sorry you did not some day.

......if I have to put 1 on..... best 1 is the 1 with poor quality glue that blows off of the quad every time it lifts off :cool:

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Dynamo label maker is what I use now to mark my drone
Same here. I have a Brother label maker that makes 1' tall labels with anything, pictures, words, QU codes all designed on the computer. It is a great solution.
Also, any vinyl sign guy will be able to make them up for cheap if you don't have access to or a friend with a label maker.

Same here. I have a Brother label maker that makes 1' tall labels with anything, pictures, words, QU codes all designed on the computer. It is a great solution.
Also, any vinyl sign guy will be able to make them up for cheap if you don't have access to or a friend with a label maker.
Can he take up the challenge to standardize the labels and supply to all of us at "reasonable" and "unbeatable" price?

Let's have one shop for all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31