Registration confusion HELP APPRECIATED

Reaction score
Has anyone experienced this hiccup?:
I’m in the process of getting started with a new Phantom 4 pro.
First steps were taken yesterday- just one glitch - I’m in Helsinki; fortunately the time zone is the same as for South Africa.....
Today, when rebooting the controls/ aircraft I get nowhere - there’s a pop up asking to connect via a link to “Enter mainland China telephone number and an input verification code”
This pop up effectively blocks all attempts to GO FLY.
What is this? Please help me get started!!!

Today, when rebooting the controls/ aircraft I get nowhere - there’s a pop up asking to connect via a link to “Enter mainland China telephone number and an input verification code
Try signing out of your DJI account and then sign in again
i-9xNNGkN-XL.jpg

Also disable the app settings for Chinese mapping.

Thank you Meta4 for your reply!!
If life only was that simple!

I enclose two shots of the RC (GL300E) screen after the reboot - no sign of the DJI GO 4 screen, just a blue screen requesting me to sign in/up. Alas, when i try to do this I get the message that no network (WiFi) is connected. The blue screen will not allow me to look for the network that was connected earlier on.
So the challenge is now
1. To overcome the hurdle of the DJI blue screen and get the DJI GO 4 back on the RC
2. To connect to the local WiFi
3. To sign in to my DJI account (NB. reset region and time to Helsinki [not recognised in the menu] and disable app settings for Chinese mapping (just how do I do that?)

Let's start by trying to get he DJI GO 4 back onto the RC and then connect to the WiFi.
I suppose the WiFi is connected via the aircraft. Is there a specific sequence how to start the system - first start the RC and then the aircraft, or should the aircraft be started first??

Appreciate your guidance - - my intention was to GO FLY tomorrow!!!DJI Problems (2).jpgDJI Problems (1).jpg

Looks like you don't have internet connection on your device (phone/tablet). The device with DJI program needs internet access in order to log in. Just for clarity DJI does not load on the RC but onto the device you use as a monitor

Nightwolf,
That’s just it! The P4P (RC and aircraft) does not pick up the available net connection - whereas this was automatically achieved earlier. As it is now the system is both dumb and deaf and I fail to understand how to remedy this.
How do I re-establish the net connection?

And yes, the DJI is/was on the RC (the inbuilt tablet on the GL300E). Thus, no “extra” device is used.
Just out of interest I logged in to my DJI account via my phone - there it was, the DJI GO 4.
But I want the DJI GO 4 on the RC!!

And yes, the DJI is/was on the RC (the inbuilt tablet on the GL300E). Thus, no “extra” device is used.
Just out of interest I logged in to my DJI account via my phone - there it was, the DJI GO 4.
But I want the DJI GO 4 on the RC!!
Do you know that the built in device on the GL300E RC will not automatically connect to your Wi-Fi network the first time? That's the same with any device.
When you power up the monitor of the RC, can you swipe down from the top of the screen to see the settings menu or see a gear icon on the screen to access settings and check if Wi-Fi is turned on and/or connect to your Wi-Fi's SSID?

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe
Oso,

Thanks, yes, I did connect the GL300E to my WiFi. That is why I am surprised to encounter this problem of not getting access to the net (reconnected automatically, after having gone through the motions). And, with the situation being what it is, it seems to be quite a challenge to connect to a new WiFi network.
Any ideas?

Oso,

Thanks, yes, I did connect the GL300E to my WiFi. That is why I am surprised to encounter this problem of not getting access to the net (reconnected automatically, after having gone through the motions). And, with the situation being what it is, it seems to be quite a challenge to connect to a new WiFi network.
Any ideas?
If you do know how to reconnect Wi-Fi on the RC's screen and it's not working - here's a stretch. Is your RC fully charged? You may not be able to connect if the RC battery is low. Maybe try it with the RC connected to the charger, though this issue normally presents as a network error rather than a network unavailable.

I suppose the WiFi is connected via the aircraft.
To be honest, this worries me since the Wi-Fi is not connected via the aircraft and this comment indicates that you do not know how to reconnect Wi-Fi on the RC's screen. This I feel is the root cause of the problem.

Last edited:
Hotspotting doesn’t help - you still have to get the GL300E connected to the net in order to establish communication.

Oso,
You hit the nail on the head! That is exactly the problem - the GL300E has gone incommunicado. How do I “unleash the beast?”

Oso,
You hit the nail on the head! That is exactly the problem - the GL300E has gone incommunicado. How do I “unleash the beast?”
did you see the things that oso said before about getting into settings?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl