Refrigerate my what?

Reaction score
So I keep seeing some references to sticking your Phantom 3 in the refrigerator.

Exactly what is this and how and why does this work?

I have the same question

For me, that english is not my language, a "troll message" can be very dangerous :D

I am not trolling, I have seen to many messages about people cooling off their Phantom before an IMU calibration. I am confused. Maybe I have been trolled.

Yeah i know u not trolling! Like i said, i want to know about it too!. It seems like a troll thing but i think it really happen.. Lets see what they say

Don't put your p3 in the refrigerator that will do it no good at all the concept is to keep your p3 as cool as possible before going an IMU calibration so if it's hot where you live either do it early in the morning or late at night basically when it's coolest then do your calibration but don't stick your p3 in or on your refrigerator!!

As Elheapo said don't put it in the fridge, it will cause damp air inside the P3 to form moisture, that's not good for the motors or the electronics or camera

People cool their P3 for IMU calibrations as it gives a faster start up time

The best way I've seen it done is to put it in your car then put the air con on, a cars air con is dry air but cold air, so no moisture issues as such as the system removes that element

Once it's been in the car for maybe 10 mins or so, take it out and go indoors and place the P3 on a flat surface then do the IMU calibration

You need to do it as soon as possible as the P3 starts to warm up as soon as it's turned on so do it straight away

You can also do the gimbal calibration afterwards on the same surface

I'm just learning about all the calibrations to do before hand to try and get the basics right before I fly

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I agree with the above. Just wanted to add that it's a good idea to take the battery out when the phantom is cooling down so the cold air can get to the IMU.

Reactions: Pepperami
So I keep seeing some references to sticking your Phantom 3 in the refrigerator.

Exactly what is this and how and why does this work?

Absolutely do NOT put your Phantom in a refrigerator unless you want the potential of damaging sensitive components.

Reactions: Dadcat

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic