Reducing resolution to controller

Reaction score
On my P3P the video is recorded to the micro SD card on the camera, but how do I check the video to fly feed back to the controller is on the lowest resolution? I do not need High Def going to a 7" tablet to fly, I bought a 7" Samsung tablet on a super clearance sale because it was only 8 gig memory but only used as a viewer that works. The processor is on the lower end of the recommended size but it was 1/5th the price of the recommended tablet. I have not experienced any video lag even when fast and low. But the lowest resolution would insure that worked and would extend battery life. There is nothing about it in the manual. The video feed is different from the recording resolution but I cannot find it. Any help would be appreciated.

It's under settings when connected to the P3. If I recall correctly, it's the controller icon. The setting showing the channel (13 - 20) that you are using. Switch over to custom and it will show the mb/s at the bottom. Someone mentioned here that this was removed in the latest update but I cannot confirm this.

In any case, if everything is smooth, you don't need to reduce this setting. It won't change battery life at all. The tablet should be charging when connected to the controller.

It's under settings when connected to the P3. If I recall correctly, it's the controller icon. The setting showing the channel (13 - 20) that you are using. Switch over to custom and it will show the mb/s at the bottom. Someone mentioned here that this was removed in the latest update but I cannot confirm this.

In any case, if everything is smooth, you don't need to reduce this setting. It won't change battery life at all. The tablet should be charging when connected to the controller.
I am thinking the high resolution video feed from the P3P to controller should shorten the battery duration on the P3P, the pad and controller rarely need to be charged because they both last many times longer than a flight battery.

I lowered the resolution to the controller only and got 1 minute 25 seconds extra flying time on the same course flying as close to the same speed as before, winds were within 2 mph of being the same, and I tried to fly crosswind as much as possible. Looking at the two videos I cannot tell any difference but the lowest resolution used less battery and let me fly longer ending up with 29% on one and 30% on the other. That was as close as I could get and I used the same battery.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.