Records on android internal not P4Psdcard

Reaction score
My setup is Phantom 4 Pro with Alcatel android tablet using Dji Go 4 on my controller.
Why does my P4P fail to record on its formatted sd card and records instead on my Alcatel android internal memory? Even though I have an sd card in my android fully formatted it still goes to internal. The result has been complete loss of two days of irreplaceable charity footage as the clips when played back are completely corrupted.
Is there a setting in my DJI software that I need to alter?
Any help welcome!

Why does my P4P fail to record on its formatted sd card and records instead on my Alcatel android internal memory?
Even though I have an sd card in my android fully formatted it still goes to internal. The result has been complete loss of two days of irreplaceable charity footage as the clips when played back are completely corrupted.
Rather than looking in your phone, you need to look at the SD card that's in your Phantom, just above the camera.
That's the only place that the Phantom records full quality video.
Anything else you are looking at is low-grade cached video and of no use anyway.

Rather than looking in your phone, you need to look at the SD card that's in your Phantom, just above the camera.
That's the only place that the Phantom records full quality video.
Anything else you are looking at is low-grade cached video and of no use anyway.
Sadly there is nothing recorded on the P4P sd card as I have taken it out and checked it on my editing suite. The only place where there are any recorded clips are in the android internal memory.
Chris

Sadly there is nothing recorded on the P4P sd card as I have taken it out and checked it on my editing suite. The only place where there are any recorded clips are in the android internal memory.
Chris
HI was just reading,I got similar issue where my photos don't go to the editor in djigo4 app,I have always had to return all back on and import them,which sounds crazy but that what I have to do,,I can live with it but I do it through here
Screenshot_20180702-205822.jpg
,,my vidios go there ok but not the photos

Last edited by a moderator:
The result has been complete loss of two days of irreplaceable charity footage as the clips when played back are completely corrupted.
Is there a setting in my DJI software that I need to alter?
Any help welcome!
Take the micro SD card (directly from the drone) to local computer shop, let them make sure the files are unrecoverable.
It's not difficult to restore lost files if you have the correct knowledge and software, and don't record over the sd card before you try to restore the files.
Also, if you are trying to play 4k files, it may be a hardware issue during playback. Most older PC's can't handle 4k playback properly. Try putting them on a flash drive and plugging the drive into a newer 4k TV.

Last edited:
Reactions: RunningWithScissors
Thanks for your reply. The card in the drone was formatted but nothing recorded on it at all. The sd card in the Alcatel android was also blank and all my clips were recorded in the Dji record file. They are all there as I can see them when I play back the android. I have exported them also to my computer but in both locations they are corrupted with pixillations, jerky and ghosting. I was recording in HDV at the time, 1920, not 4K as I usually do.
Why did they record on android and not on the sd card in my P4P that is my concern?
Kind regards
Chris

Hello Chris, Have you try any other ways or software to repair your files from formatted SD card?

No as I do not have any other software that is suitable as far as I know.
However, all may be resolved shortly as I have had to send the P4P, via my local dealer, to Dji in Holland for a "gimbal motor overloaded" problem with a question as to why the clips were recorded on the android in the first place and not on the drone sd card.
Kind regards Chris

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT