Recorded video flickering/pulsing

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just got a P3P. I came to accept that my "jello" video effects could probably be solved with an ND filter, so I'm looking into those now. My next problem is that my recorded video seems to flicker/pulse a lot - what can do I to stop this?:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
(It's much more apparent in fullscreen and 1080p, look at the grass and trees, you will notice a pulse every second or so)

It's as if it's constantly jumping back and forth between shutter speeds or brightness settings or something to that effect. Is it a faulty camera or can it be solved with some tweaking of the camera settings?

Many thanks in advance.

Hi all,

Just got a P3P. I came to accept that my "jello" video effects could probably be solved with an ND filter, so I'm looking into those now. My next problem is that my recorded video seems to flicker/pulse a lot - what can do I to stop this?:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
(It's much more apparent in fullscreen and 1080p, look at the grass and trees, you will notice a pulse every second or so)

It's as if it's constantly jumping back and forth between shutter speeds or brightness settings or something to that effect. Is it a faulty camera or can it be solved with some tweaking of the camera settings?

Many thanks in advance.
I suspect that it may be your computer processing speed and memory. The vid plays great her and looks good.;)

Are you using MP4 ? If so try MOV format instead. I think it takes more disk space which should mean less loss of data. I get a reading of a loss of four frames in the beginning, possibly that causes the apparent jump in picture.

Turn off auto white balance.

Is this normal behaviour then? I thought it might be something like this

I suspect that it may be your computer processing speed and memory. The vid plays great her and looks good.;)

Nah I'm pretty sure it's not my PC :). Thanks though!

Are you using MP4 ? If so try MOV format instead. I think it takes more disk space which should mean less loss of data. I get a reading of a loss of four frames in the beginning, possibly that causes the apparent jump in picture.

It's recording to MOV, it's only MP4 after processing/uploading to YouTube. The effect is even more pronounced in the original MOV that comes straight from the SD card

I've read about some who experience it. I haven't shot enough video to notice it myself.

Turns out setting the exposure to a preset (such as "sunny") really helped. Thanks so much for the suggestion.

I noticed that too, it is the sun shining above the props, the props create a shadow over the lens. I think it is particular to high contrast scenes. See attached file

Attachments

• pulsing.JPG
    pulsing.JPG
    20.1 KB · Views: 477

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.