record sound with pilot app

Reaction score
Hi anybody knows if it is possible to record sound with the pilot app while filming in the air, and syn sound and video in post edit? If not, I think DJI should add this feature. Consider you filming a football match, if you can plug in a mic into your tablet that runs the pilot app, then put the mic where you want to record the sound, it would be super! You all know what I mean, don't you?

Reactions: cal311
Hi anybody knows if it is possible to record sound with the pilot app while filming in the air, and syn sound and video in post edit? If not, I think DJI should add this feature. Consider you filming a football match, if you can plug in a mic into your tablet that runs the pilot app, then put the mic where you want to record the sound, it would be super! You all know what I mean, don't you?

Really is a great idea... Don't know if it's possible but I'd add my vote to DJI making it happen

Reactions: Masonmedia
Why not just install a sound recorder app on your device and launch it before you take off?

I'm sure you have seen videos with people having sound? That's because there using a go pro. As far as my phantom 3 there is no option in the app that has a sound button....

I think there must be some way to do it considering that when I was looking threw the files and folders that that dji app put on my tablet there is a folder that says some thing about narration sound files. So maybe you use some sort of recorder app and tell it to store the recording in that folder.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but in order to record sound, you would need a microphone.

AFAIK, there isn't one in the P3's camera. So a "record" feature in the pilot app wouldn't do a whole lot for a P3...

Why not just install a sound recorder app on your device and launch it before you take off?

This is the best you could do, utilizing the microphone on your tablet/phone.

Reactions: dec
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but in order to record sound, you would need a microphone.

AFAIK, there isn't one in the P3's camera. So a "record" feature in the pilot app wouldn't do a whole lot for a P3...

That is what the OP is asking about... recording sound from the pilot app [phone/tablet]... not the P3.

Reactions: Motorotor
Yeah, looks like I was/am a little unclear on what exactly the OP was looking for....

I guess he's just looking for a "button" within the Pilot app itself,
... to launch some other external sound recorder app on his device?

*shrug*

Hi, my first time trying to post new topic. Can't find how to start and post a new topic. Thanks

Hi, my first time trying to post new topic. Can't find how to start and post a new topic. Thanks
Hopefully this is what your looking for,,,
Top right side of the page ,third item down
From the main screen( the ones with all the threads) like this ,,
http://www.phantompilots.com/forums/phantom-3-help.100/
Top right side of the page is a flag,
under that is the search button,
and under that is the "POST NEW THREAD"

Hi
Was doing a search on audio with the P3Pro and ran into this post. My solution requires a Pad that records whats on screen and sound. In my case that would be the Nvidia Shield K1. Has a nice screen record function that also records sound thru its microphone. I use it all the time to record flights as I can keep verbal notes on what I'm doing in the flight to record later. Was pondering the solution to recording video and audio of a HK21 Machine gun session I have coming up. I wonder if the Shield can accept a usb connection from the P3 and from a usb microphone using a splitter?

Yes you can record sound. All you have do do is go stream live on Facebook with in the DJI app, and save the video to your tablet or phone, and there it is video with sound and no extra mic needed. Now if we can just get DJI to add it with out using Facebook

Reactions: APR
Yes you can record sound. All you have do do is go stream live on Facebook with in the DJI app, and save the video to your tablet or phone, and there it is video with sound and no extra mic needed. Now if we can just get DJI to add it with out using Facebook
Is that for all DJI or just 4 ??

Sent from my LGMS550 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.